1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to navigate clips burned using re-author?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hristine, Apr 6, 2005.

1. hristine

hristine Member

Hi there. I've only started using dvd shrink, & I find it great compared to anything else I've tried.
    However, I wondered if there is any possible way to burn all my various clips to a dvd, & then be able to jump from one to the other as I play them on my dvd player.
    Currently, when I use the re-author feature, it burns all the clips, but I have to play from the begining of the first clip, though I may want to watch the third.
    Thank you.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Hi. I'm not too sure if I understand what you're trying to do, but hopefully I can help you out. On DVD Shrink in reauthor mode you should see a change start and end frames option (looks like 2 arrows pointing at each other if I'm not mistaken). This allows you to crop your video. Hopefully that helps????

3. hristine

hristine Member

Thanks. I'm not sure if that start/end frames feature will do what I'm looking for, but I can't seem tpo get that feature to work anyway. The chapter numbers won't change from 1.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

How did you make the clips? Do you have multiple chapters for each clip? If you put them all together in DVD Shrink and burned them on a disc there would be multiple titles, with the amount of chapters remaining the same as they were on your hard drive. Does that make sense?

5. hristine

hristine Member

Thanks for being so helpfull.

I've several Divx files which I've coverted to vob files. There are lots, & it seems if I use the re-author feature in DVD Shrink, they are burned as one big long film that I can't flick through if you get my meaning.

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

hristine,
    What you are wanting to do is to re-author various clips from other movies and create a menu from that if I am reading you question properly. You need to D/L Nero Ultra trial version and tyou should be able to do it w/ that program. It is free until the end of the month and then you have to re-d/l it again.
    If you have access to either Scenarist or Premiere they both will do that but they are a bit pricey