1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any way to transfer games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bobbinbob, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

hello, new to the forums looks like a nice place though.
    anyway i was thinking about getting a 120Gig harddrive to replace the offical one. But ive already filled up the other one with games. So i was wondering if there is any way to transfer games from one hard drive to another easily.
    one more, what are those things you put on the bottom of CDs so they dont get scratched called?

2. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

ah forgot my third question, would there be anything i need to do to the new hard drive in order ot get it to work with the PS2? or is it just a plug and play type thing?

3. sirandyb

sirandyb Regular member

its plug and play, just make sure your hd is set to master.

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

download a program called winhiip. It will allow you to plug the old HDD into the PS2, transfer ALL the contents to your PC HDD, then reboot and put the NEW ps2 HDD into your pc. Then use winhiip again to transfer the game images to the new hdd. It will also tell you that the hdd is NOT formated for use on the ps2 yet (assuming you havnt put it in your ps2 with hd laoder yet) So it will ask if you want to do that first. It makes it very easy.

5. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

wondering-
    how would i go about changing my Hard drive to the master setting?

6. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

oops sorry forgot to add something (theres no edit message button is there?)
    so ill have to install the harddrive into my PC first in order to put that program on it and transfer the games?

7. captnkidd

captnkidd Guest

depending on the brand of HD you get will determain how you change it to master. It will tell you on the HD.

Q #2 oyu'll have to put both HD's in your PC in order to copy from one to the other. Pretty east I've done it.

C

8. Bobbinbob

Bobbinbob Regular member

is there a guide somewhere that would tell me how to do it? and can you do it with a laptop?