1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody dump a Wii disc to an SD card?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Burrens, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Burrens

Burrens Member

Anybody dump a Wii disc to an SD card using the Wiikey config disc 1.2? I know you need to have a gecko SD card adapter, but I wanted to know if anybody has tried this before I try to by an adapter. What are pros/cons between this, and dumping the disc with one of the LG drives?

TIA

2. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

I really don't see the point wii dvd's current ones are 4.5gb the next onse like smg are going to be like 8.5gb you cant run it from sd card it would be slow and crud.

3. Burrens

Burrens Member

I think you might have read wrong. The point is to dump the game on an SD card (split files), and then combining them on your PC and burn them onto a DVD.

4. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

You can use just about any size SD card. It takes longer with the smaller cards. I myself have not tried this because I backup using rawdump 2.0 and don't have an SD adapter. I might get a gecko and try it out. It's suposed to be faster. You need to make multipule trips from wii to PC.