1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody have this problem after installing new mb

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ken_919, Mar 3, 2005.

1. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

I just installed a new MSI 865PE Neo2-V motheboard after my old one went bad. After I installed it, everything booted-up fine. After the Windows XP logo comes up along with the loading bar below the logo, a box pop-up saying "This copy of windows must be activated with Microsoft before you can log on. Do you want to activate Windows now? I click yes otherwise it will log me off if I click no. I went to register over internet. After it checks for connection, it says that it can't connect, check your network connections. I am positive the internet works. I went to register over phone. Gave microsoft the 10 groups of numbers and then they said that this doesn't exist, so I still can't register or do anything. Has anyone had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Go into the BIOS, and change the clock to today's date and time. It undoubtedly is set at Jan. 1, 2000.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if xp was already on the hd than go into safemode remove the motherboard & video card drivers & reboot into normal mode & install the new drivers than. you might get away without having to reactivate windows but might be to late now

4. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

The problem is fixed, thanks to both of you guys. I had to do what GrandpaBW did and that fixed it. After booting up, I was able to connect to microsoft and then type in my key. Everythings back to normal. Again, thank you guys so much.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem, teach & learn

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Ken, you are welcome. I am glad you are up and running.