1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody here using intervideo DVDCOPY.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aztec1, Feb 24, 2004.

1. aztec1

aztec1 Member

hi all i wanted to know if somebody here uses this proggy, because i have a question on the settings. iam using dvd decryptor then dvdcopy but
    everytime i select the subtitles, lets say english,the program automatically record all of them, is anyway around this. i wonder if it does the same with the audio
    also does anybody know if the program automatically selects the max speed for your drive.

thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well having all the subtitles should make no difference in the final result, no significant amount of disc space is regained (as opposed to say dropping DTS audio or foreign 5.1 audio tracks). If you are happy with the end video results having all the subtitles will not affect image quality. The program does not seem popular enough to find any guides on the net.

3. aztec1

aztec1 Member

thank you very much for the fast reply mysticE, yes iam very sarisfied with the final result,i was just wondering if there was a way around it, but you are right i looked all over the net and there is no guides whatsoever, oh well maybe in the next release.
    thank you.

4. Sphinx31

Sphinx31 Member

I just changed from DVDShrink to DVDCopy2 with DVDXGhost for all those tricky protected disks. Does a great job. I havent bothered to take off subtitles as they use so little space anyway.

5. brian100

brian100 Guest

@aztec1

There is no reason why you cant process the movie through dvdshrink (with no compression) to remove the unwanted soundtracks & subtitles. Then run this output file through intervideo dvdcopy. It may be a bit long winded but it should resolve your problem.

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Have been using InterVideo DVD Copy lately. The vid quality is really quite amazing. Unfortunately audio wise the program could use a few more options, like the ability to drop the 2 channel audio or the huge DTS track if it exists. But for long, non DTS movies, the results are simply superb.

Good choice aztec1.

7. aztec1

aztec1 Member

There is no reason why you cant process the movie through dvdshrink (with no compression) to remove the unwanted soundtracks & subtitles. Then run this output file through intervideo dvdcopy.

Have been using InterVideo DVD Copy lately. The vid quality is really quite amazing. Unfortunately audio wise the program could use a few more options, like the ability to drop the 2 channel audio or the huge DTS track if it exists.

it looks like they corrected this on v2.0.
    same as the subtitles and audio now you can customize it the way you want it.
    they also added the "movie only" feature.

8. floyd4711

floyd4711 Member

I also like DVDCOPY2, but the output is always 4,29GB

4,37Gb fits on a DVD. And I didn't find any setting which allowed me to adjust this, like in DVDShrink

Did anybody noticed this too?

Floyd

9. rds1955

rds1955 Guest

This is a pretty good program... However the issue you bring up about 4.29 vs. 4.35 isn't addresed in intervideo copy.. I used to use intervideo's dvd copy for copying, , and I still use it, but experiance over the long run had indicated, at least for me, that using DVD Decryptor to rip whole movie onto my HD, then use DVD Shrink to transcode it, then use dvdcopy to burn it..Takes a little extra time, but it seems to come out much better when I do it that way..if I reprocess it,, I believe up to the 4.35 limit, DVDcopy still will burn it without going through any of it's usual transcoding process...

10. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

For the price this program should be easier to configure and use... I run my stuff through DVD Shrink first and choose what I want and don't use any compression... I then run Intervideo DVD Copy 2 for the shrinking.