1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody looking for a great dvd +/- dual layer burner?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by saugmon, Feb 18, 2005.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Starting Sunday,2-20-05, Staple's has the I/O magic "internal" IDVD 16 dual-layer/dual format burner on sale. I have one just like it and they were made by BENQ-1620.
    98% burn success and %100 when copying on the fly.Regular price around $130!

The sale price is $69.94 and has a $30 rebate for a total $39.94 after the EASY REBATE that can be done in a few minutes on line.It took about 5 weeks to get my last rebate. I'm going to grab another one of these up for my spare pc.

I paid 5 cents more last november,lol

Just wanting to let anybody who is looking for one or needs a spare what a super deal this is. Good Luck

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Staple's also has the I/O magic 16x max - dual layer/dual format external burner for $79.94 after rebate.

3. eric545

eric545 Regular member

If you are looking for a really outstanding DVD Burner I have to recommend the Plextor PX-716SA (Internal Serial ATA) burner. An IDE version of that drive is the PX-716A however; I have no idea how it performs. I only know that the PX-716SA performs better than any other burner that I have owned. It's a bit more expensive. It can be found for $119.99 at http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/produ...7-131-351&ATT=CD Recorders&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch

4. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

I was just getting ready to start a thread asking if anyone knew about this burner and then saw your thread. I am considering this one because I like the price. I don't know anything about I/O and not sure if the inexpensive price makes it worth taking a chance on it. I was mainly interested in a Plextor (I have a Plextor CD burner), but it seems to be a little on the expensive side. I bought an LiteOn External burner about 14 months ago and I have been extremely unhappy with it -- won't even recognize a DVD or CD -- so I plan to buy an internal burner, no matter which brand I buy.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I just picked up the internal I/o magic 16x at staple's.. Same identical packaging as the last burner I bought which was a benq-1620.

This is made by a totally different company.Dvd shrink recognizes it as a generic dvdrw-Ide-16x.
    Not what I was expecting. I guess I just got lucky on the first one.Only time will tell how I like it,Later

6. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

I went to four Staples today and all four were sold out. They won't give a raincheck because it was a promotional deal. Bummer!