1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody share some knowledge?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by poweller, Jan 25, 2007.

1. poweller

poweller Member

ok so im backing up my xbox 360 games and i have been trying to do so for 3 days now..i have read every possible tut out there..i was stuck on the ripping side of things and then i realised my hotswap dvd was too small...now i have dumped my copy of perfect dark(PAL) and patched it using SSMERGER (the only problem is i cant reach the server to check if i am using the correct ss file,,are the servers down for everyone?)so i have the ''correctly patched'' iso and i use clone cd to burn.once complete,whack it into my box and i recieve the ''unrecognized disk'' error.
    samsung xbox drive
    lite-on SHW-1635s pc drive

if anybody has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it

2. poweller

poweller Member

anyone??

3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Sorry but have you flashed your 360 yet?
    What type of disc are you using? Verbatim is reccomended (burn at 4x)

4. poweller

poweller Member

yeah my box is flashed,,but im not sure which firmware its on 8/ the guy who did it for me is no longer living near by so i cant even ask him..i have a few back-ups that my friend ran for me(of my originals)so i know its flashed correctly.. my burner is a LITE ON,, and the media is DATAWRITE... i fort to myself i wud go for the slightly cheaper option of disk (just incase) im dumping the game wxRipper style and my xbox drive is a sammy...any help?

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Well I don't rip my own games, but from what I see, you can get your own SS.bin file with the enable 0800 mode from the sammy and loading into windows. The .nfo file with xtreme 5.2 tells you how to get your ss.bin.

Then merge that ss.bin with ssmerger. Don't verify the md5 because the server is offline. Burn at 4x with clone CD and see what happens then.

6. poweller

poweller Member

oh one more thing...i was thinking that it might be the ss.bin thats the problem because my ss merger will not connect to the database so i cant check if i have the correct one... is anybody else able to connect to the database??