1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody who got ps2,you have to help me

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by vcsucks, May 24, 2004.

1. vcsucks

vcsucks Guest

I have a v9 ps2 and a magic v modchip. ON my computer i have a cd writer. I wanted to back up my ps2 games but they are all dvd based games. Is there any way i can back these games without a dvd writer.Also i read a diff. guide and it said that to burn a dvd game to cd-r you have to take out all the movies and alot of other stuff. I dont want to do that. Is there any way i can back up my dvd games without a dvd writer and without taking out any movies(ect). pls help

2. karamsoul

karamsoul Member

You can do that by "ripping" out the movies and some in-game cut-scenes, but really there is no way to actually have 4 or more gigs copied to a 600mb cd without losing ALOT of what you want to experience in a game.

3. Mistic

Mistic Member

If you "could" figure out how to downsize it that much. You still need a Dvd reader to get the info off the Dvd. Since the Cdr won't read the Dvd's, your kinda stuck.

I just broke down and ordered a Dvd reader and writer from NewEgg for 70$ with free shipping. Was such a good deal couldn't pass it up.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Yeah, dvd burners have dropped in price a lot, so i recommend just getting one and don't mess with burning to cds.