1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANYDVD 6.1.3.2 Problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mango23, Mar 20, 2007.

1. mango23

mango23 Member

Okay Iv'e been having some problems with Anydvd(updated) version. I purchased it so I can update it on a reg. basis. Well the problem is..everytime I put one of my movies in it says that

'there is No disc present in Drive D:'
    So I restart my computer and it still says that. Then I disabled anydvd and enabled it again and still no change. Can someone please help me..Im going nuts because I payed for it and it wont work. btw the movie I am trying to do is Eragon.
    Thanks.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Uninstall AnyDVD. Run a registry cleaner like ccleaner. Use the issues and cleaner options. Delete any folders named AnyDVD or Slysoft - just don't delete the key they sent you.
    Reboot - reinstall AnyDVD - double click on the key they sent you Keep it in a safe place).
    Reboot again.

Eragon doesn't have anything special on it. I'm guessing the drive Eragon is in is D.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@mango

When you open the AnyDVD window look to the left panel and look for "drives>selection" in the tree menu. Put a check mark in all of your DVD drives if they aren't checked.

4. mango23

mango23 Member

Hey guys,
    thanks for the information.Well Iv'e been fiddling with my computer and my drive does not seem to pick up ANY DVD I put in at all. I am starting to think it's not the software AnyDVD which I did uninstall and do everything you told me. So I stuck an audio cd which played perfect and then I tried several backup copies of my movies I made awhile ago(the protector,Idlewild)those played fine too. So how come my drive is not reding the Newer DVD movies..
    -Eragon
    -FlyBoys
    -Blood Diamond
    -The Nativity Story
    I even tried to play them manualy and still no go.
    @ Garmoon all the DVD drive boxes are checked. I don't want to be a winer or anything but this is frustrating.Anymore help I would appreciate it. Thankyou all.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Well if Binkie's stumped, then I'm hopelessly lost on this one too.

6. binkie7

If you turn off AnyDVD do they play?

None of these have any of Sony's newer copy protection which does give some drives problems.

A firmware update to the reader and/or burner may help. See if one is available.

Here's a link you may want to check out at Slysoft forum - link.

LOL garmoon but I'm getting there :)
    I'm using AnyDVD on a few different setup's and haven't had any problems. But each set up is different.

edit to add: Do you have another drive you can try these in?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Maybe his download of AnyDVD was corrupted. Uninstall it and possibly go back to the previous version. Do you have the Key for AnyDVD, I hope?

Old versions: http://www.filehippo.com/download_anydvd/

If that one works, then download the new version again and install and reboot and test it. Don't reinstall the file you got now. Can't hurt to try.

See if Shrink can do Eragon by its lonesome.

Edit: I just tried Eragon with just Shrink, works fine, opens disc. Maybe a way around problem but not a fix.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  8. mango23

mango23 Member

@binkie7 none of the *newer movies will not play in my drive at all. But when I try audio cds or backup copies of other movies they play perfect. So I am also stumped, It doesent seem to be Anydvd.

@Garmoon I would use Shrink with Eragon but like I said my drive wont even pick it up. The cpu light blinks for a minute like its going to read it and then nothing happens. Someone sent me a link at slysoft support about updating my drive and I also did that and still it wont read the new dvds.

So should I even try uninstalling Anydvd again and trying an older version?I mean even when it was off my hard drive my cpu still would not read the new movies so Im thinking it's my drive. I guess the last thing I could try will be to look for a firmware update and I have NO idea how that works so If someone could help me please do.

I went into my device manager and clicked DVD/CD -Rom Drives and heres what it said HL-DT-ST DVD+- RW GWA4164B it's a Dell Dimension DE051 and Im using Windows XP Home Edition. I hope some of this information helps. Much Thanks to you all!

9. binkie7

Yeah I don't think it's AnyDVD but have you used AnyDVD w/o any issues b/4 this udpdate?

Anything else change pc wise?

Here's the latest firmware for the drive - E113.

Very easy to install and the instructions are on the page.

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

This is all moot now. AnyDVD 6.1.3.3 is out today!

11. binkie7

Yeah - with the new 'balloon' :)

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Will AnyDVD work with Shrink on the new copy protections yet?

13. binkie7

Doubtful that Shrink will work w/ AnyDVD on the new Sony's.

Haven't tried it or checked SlySoft's forum to see if any update.

Too bad Shrink is no longer updated then it might have been solved already.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It looks more like the problem lies with AnyDVD. The freeware rippers RipIt4Me and DVDFab Decrypter are working with Shrink. It appears to be a problem with file compliance from AnyDVD output. CloneDVD and Recode obviously compensate, but a ripper should be more universal and not have to rely on the transcoder to correct for source errors.

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

It is recommended not to use the AnyDVD ripper to rip, back a few updates ago this was listed in the history.

If you are gonna use a ripper then you need to use it with Clone. The FixVTS in the AnyDVD ripper is too old and not correcting the problems. Rip with Clone or go to the website and get the latest FixVTS to clean the file.

16. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

mango23,

New DVD movies now contain bad sectors or bad DVD structure. Many popular DVD movies are now created in such a way as to make it difficult for backup software to copy them properly. [bold]This can result in errors during the copy process, or bad playback after the copy is completed, but I don't believe it can cause a drive not to see the disk at all.[/bold]

[bold]You may have a drive that sometimes will not read a commerical DVD.[/bold] If you just bought it I suggest you first try the firmware update given by binkie, if that doesn't solve the problem, then I would take it back for exchange for another brand that's more reliable, I'd want a drive that will work correctly for all disks and movies.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  17. surfgeo

surfgeo Regular member

@mango23

hope you get the problem figured out and resolved. you can read about me having the same problems with drives (4 drives on three different computers) not seeing the disks at all, on this thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/463852

the bottom line was/is: after trying multiple times on all the drives, some of them started to see the disks and i was able to back them up. some never saw the disks (ironically, those were the newest drives). i still have no idea why they couldn't read the disks, nor why some of them eventually did. i had not changed anything on my computer prior to the problem arising, nor during the problem that would account for the disks suddenly being "seen". i sure would like to hear someone come up with an explanation... so if there is something i can do, the problem will be avoidable in the future.

good luck. let us know what you find out!

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Arniebear
    Slysoft won't combine AnyDVD and CloneDVD into a single package for decryption and ripping. They make too much money selling them individually. As I said before, I don't think a decrypter should have to rely on a transcoder to correct output. RipIt4Me gets the job done and the files can be used in any program. The free DVDFab decrypter can do the same, though sometimes needs FixVTS processing for compliance. As you know, RipIt4Me has the FixVTS built in.

19. mango23

mango23 Member

@surfgeo, thanks for the info I will look at the link you provided and see whats up. I have no idea why it's giving me such a hard time. Soon as I figure out the problem I will let you all know. I don't think it's an AnyDvd issue anymore because that's uninstalled at the momment and still my drive wont pick up the Newer movies out there. Keep in mind it plays ALL backup DVDs and reg.audio cds just not the newer dvd movies I got. I updated my Firmware and Drive and still that did not solve the problem.Sooo..I will continue to try try and try again. Thanks all for your help! And yeah my computer is a lil'over a year old so there is nomore warranty..cant take it back.
    Thanks again..I will keep you all updated.

20. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@mango23

You don't have to take back the whole computer, just remove the burner that came with it and install a better drive in it's place.

Try BenQ

[​IMG]