1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANYDVD AND CLONEDVD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ledzepfrk, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ledzepfrk

ledzepfrk Member

why do i need both of them to rip a dvd, is there a step by step guide to it

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You only need AnyDVD to rip a DVD to hard drive. Right click fox head and select rip video DVD to hard drive. Clone encodes the movie to fit on a 4.7gbDVD blank and then burns it.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

4. LincolnLT

LincolnLT Member

I keep getting the error message on DEJA VU
    "one or more blocks might be corrupted by a prior copying process on by the soure device covering critical read errors. Try copy to video to video files to your hard drive.

I tried this and still the same error.

Also, some of the movies I copied won't play in my portable dvd player, do you know why? I'm using CloneDVD and dual layer dvd discs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Deja Vu can be done with AnyDVD and NeroRecode without issues for movie only; didn't try full disc. The movie is 126 min long , so select that file. There is a longer version of something, I passed on whatever that was. Haven't watched it yet tho.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@garmoon....... don't even bother with the longer version..... at first time I ripped Deja Vu I ripped the longer version and in the middle of the movie the audio and the video were not in sync and the video came for the director's cut and the audio was the movie!!!! I think it was a some kind of encryption or something and I looked up the movie on Moviefon :
    [​IMG]
    saw the correct movie length and then went back to redo the movie:
    [​IMG]
    and picked the correct video title set! just like I showed MichaelP1 in another thread.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

IHoe

Someone had warned about the dejavu thing. Might have been you in another thread, said the box said the movie was 126min. I did the 126min version. Gonna watch it in an hour. I could not understand what the 2hr43min thing was. Like you said probably encryption. Anydvd and recode had no trouble. I had tried ripit4me but when all was said and done it said that structure was not correct or some other concern and so I deleted the files. Didn't take long to mess up RI4M. Now I read this am, that Fixvts is not updated anymore.

9. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yeah i make the mistake of doing the long title also (2:43) and it is the wrong title. the second title thats 2:08 is the correct one to do

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah, the 126 min title played fine no problems, just watched it. One of the better movies that's come out, of late. Occurs about 70 miles down the road -or what's left of it!- from me.

11. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Ripit4me still worked fine for me as long as you choose the right title which of course is the shorter one in this case.