1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anydvd and Clonedvd2 Too Good

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by taylor30, Mar 18, 2006.

1. 923blue

923blue Member

thanks everyone for the help. the movies that I burn are generally DL and it seems that perhaps my rip and burn time isn't so bad after all (relatively speaking of course). Here's soething that may be of interest to those asking if there's anything anydvd and clonedvd2 can't do: a movie couldn't be burned with them and I had used DVDCloner2 - a ripoff program that apparently still has some utility for me.
    Cheers

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

are you saying that clonedvd 2 and anydvd CANT backup to a DL ? because this is false information . and BTW its the best program on the market if its not working you have other issues with your machine

3. ricoman

ricoman Member

Hey Dabiggy, first check your DMA as the man said. Do you have more than one drive on your IDE cable and is it the slave? If so, make sure your secondary is enabled in you bios. As far as Norton running, I never turn it off and it only takes about 20 min. at 8x to backup my movies.

4. mrpat67

mrpat67 Regular member

Which movie was it that couldn't be backed up with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2? I have yet to find a movie that couldn't be backed up using these programs.

5. 923blue

923blue Member

AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 had trouble with Raise the Red Lantern
    (1991). Actually, I guess it was more clonedvd that had the problem. Regardless, AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 are the best programs I have so far encountered, for their facility of use. I'm still going through a stack of memorex 16X discs so errors are bound to occur (live and learn) but I am trying to learn how to maximize my computer.

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

blue ,you probably have a bad/scrathed dvd try another one ,its not clonedvd 2 fault being a 1991 release it should be very easy to backup ,also use better media memorex is some of the worst blank media on the market use Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim

7. Wildrat

Wildrat Guest

My problem with Lite On and BenQ is solved. Even though I had two CD burners installed and removed one and put the DVD burner on the IDE cable as Master, and set the jumper to master, and insured that the CD burner was slave I still had that very stressful problem with the DVD burners. After many hours of troubleshooting I failed to do what you should probably do first. Check the cable. I disconnected the CD burner and the DVD burner has been burning away. I still have not swapped out the cable to insure that is the problem, and not a conflict with the CD Burner. There is a possibility that the problem could be the CD as it is ancient, but I will worry about that later because I want to get my bike back together. Thanks for your help.

P.S. Is BenQ DQ60 an all right drive?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2006
  8. ricoman

ricoman Member

I don't personally have one, but there have been many complaints. Try the 1650/1655.

9. 923blue

923blue Member

aabbccdd:
    thanks for the response. It would be great if you checked it out and see if you get a different result as I'm fairly certain it was a program issue with clonedvd. Although I recognize that memorex discs suck, economics dictate thay I am stuck with them until i finish this stack of 50. The problem with Raise the Red Lantern occurred when it was placed in CloneDVD. Clone recognized that a disc was in the drive but would not display a preview and certainly did nothing more.

thanks again and best regards -
    923blue

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  10. ricoman

ricoman Member

It would have to be decrypted before CloneDVD could do anything with it, but it actually sounds like a defective (original) disc, either scratched, dirty or a manufacturing defect.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  11. MaxPayne1

MaxPayne1 Member

I don't know too much about clone DVD and Any DVD although I have heard of them. I generally use DVD4Free and One Click DVD and have never had a problem backing up any of my DVD movies. DVD4Free is also 'free' which makes it the best overall. I also think many problems encountered in the process are due to ppl trying to 'burn' too fast. I generally use the lowest speed I can....as it was pointed out speed kills and can turn many DVD'S into coasters. Another problem I think effects the end product is the quality of your blank DVD'S. Personally you could not go past 'Ritek' brands which also come in printable to the centre for putting on great looking covers. But this is just my opinion.

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

13. mirukogr1

mirukogr1 Member

I turn off my internet connection disable my antivirus and firewall, copy straight to hdd with shrink and use nero to burn. Takes me no longer than 45mins for each movie and i only have a 1.4g Celeron.
    Was taken me 2.5 to 3hrs to do each one.

Can't take credit though, just from reading and getting help from the ppl here have helped me heaps.

A big thanks again

14. Wildrat

Wildrat Guest

Man, My burning has excellent times, and I'm using my laptop and my old desktop to burn. In 45 minutes I could burn 3 movies and have time to make a cup of tea. I don't even have a superfast anything, just AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I have nothing to complain about with my burning times. The only complaint I do have is that I wish the movies would get here faster so I could use some of these blank DVD's. They are taking up too much room .

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

im useing 16x dvd+r verbs. and dont have a problem with them.plus just got 75 sony MIJ's my average time for a burn is around 35mins. weither i use anydvd and clonedvd or dvdfabdecrypter and dvd shrink. but my question is does anyone know what type of media that the film makers actually use to make these dvd we buy?

16. Wildrat

Wildrat Guest

probably whatever is cheapest I'm sure.

17. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

I have always used Ritek hub-printable and never had more than a 2 in 100 fail rate. Lately, however, since I switched from DVD43 to AnyDVD, I lose about 12 per 100. They fail only AFTER burning a little something into the DVD Media so as to make it unuseable. I used some Verbatim disks a long time ago and had terrible results. If they have a hub-printable I'll try a few.

I've got an Athlon64 3 with 2 GB RAM and two NEC burners (3500 and 3550).

I use 1ClickDVD and it was working great with DVD43 but has "issues" with AnyDVD. Anybody have experience with both 1Click and CloneDVD so as to make some comparisons here?

18. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@cincyrob, Original purchased dvd movies are not burned media. They are pressed from a master disc similar to the old audio records. Thats why they usually play in every machine. It is also the reason that if a defect is found on one copy it is usually on many because the defect is probably on the master copy. Hope this answers your question.

Jerry

19. mrpat67

mrpat67 Regular member

@Kissmiss:
    I have seen in several threads that AnyDVD and DVD43 don't play well together. You may try unistalling DVD43 and see if that solves your problem. I can not compare the two programs as I have never tried 1 Click, but I can tell you CloneDVD is a very easy to use program. It produces quality results with minimal effort. Good luck in solving your problem.

20. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006