1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Anydvd and Draft Day

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by PNKWHITE, Sep 24, 2014.

1. PNKWHITE

PNKWHITE Member

I have tried several times on two different Draft Day DVD's to rip them to my computer using ANYDVD. I get a read error at the exact same point on both discs, what could be the problem. Thought the first disc might be scratched. So tried another, same exact error.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

play them at the point to before the issue starts in a media player,the issue is more than likely the physical sectors on the discs are stuffed or the burn burnt corrupted data unless the drive your using isn't very good at reading discs all dvd drives are not created equal,your options try using a later dvd drive & a quality one or grab the movie & re burn it this time using better grade discs & burn at 1/2 the rated speed & you should be good to go

3. PNKWHITE

PNKWHITE Member

I'm not even getting to the burn option, I'm just trying to get it ripped onto my pc using ANYDVD Ripper. The error happens during the ripping process.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

so they play ok in a media player no skipping or stopping ? then it's the ripper most probably some sort of protection,send log to slysoft or switch to dvdfab see if it can do it

5. PNKWHITE

PNKWHITE Member

Watched the dvd tonight, not one skip or freeze.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

dvdfab see how it goes might also pay to reduce read speed to 4x

7. Mez

Mez Active member

Even though reading a disk looks simple it is not a simple process. If I have a problem like that I reboot usually that does not fix the problem but it does often enough that is the first thing I try. The other solutions are a pain in the ass so you try the easiest first. Actually before that, I take the disk out and thoroughly re-clean and try again first. That is the most common fix. I don't think the problem is normally dirt but why not clean it again if you take the disk out of the drive?