1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anydvd and dvd x copy compatable?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by aabbccdd, Apr 27, 2005.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

iam having audio problems with using anydvd and dvd x copy platinum together.does anyone know if these two programs are compatable together?

2. camstuf

camstuf Guest

That's because Xcopy sucks, use DVD Shrink with AnyDVD instead.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I also have trouble with Xcopy and AnyDVD together Xcopy rips fine, but does not want to burn. I basically have given up on this program and use Decrypter or Any DVD with Shrink, Nero or Clone DVD. They all work fine and are updated, plus I do not have to see the nag screen.

4. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

AnyDVD is a driver that runs in the background, so in theory should/will work with all the apps.

If it doesn't, your own PC is having software issues :)

As for DvdXCopy Platinum, the problem with those apps are they will not let you select the burning speed, so it always burn at MAX speed.

That's probably your problem, you are burning at a too much high speed.

Like other said, try out DVDShrink and burn with Nero or VSO CopyToDVD and burn at 2x or 4x MAX !

Then the quality of your copy should improve a lot !

My 2 cents...

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

As much as I agree with everyone here saying X Copy sucks, I must say that cougar's probably right with the burn speed thing. I know someone who uses X Copy with AnyDVD all the time without problems.

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

iam not having frezzing or skipping problems, its an audio problem with the movie not matching up with the right audio but if i restart the movie it plays fine. so i wouldnt think it would be a burning to fast problem.

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

no, probably not, probably just another X Copy/Twilight Zone thing. I copied all 3 Die Hard movies with X Copy and all 3 of them defaulted to DTS sound and I had to go into the DVD menu and change it to get sound.

What are your computer specs by the way?

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes iam sure your right,i use x copy cause its quick and easy.BUT its time for me to DUMP x copy, iam just going to take the time and start using dvd shrink with anydvd. it doesnt take that much longer to use dvd shrink and plus the quality is better with dvd shrink and NO nag screen,since i have anydvd i think thats the way to go now so bye bye x copy,stick a fork it it its done.

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

ahhh...wise decision. I used that combo with great results for quite some time. Happy burning ;)

10. kuben74

kuben74 Member

I had some problems to, but when a choose not to autoburn and started manually after it ripped the files it worked out fine!!!

11. semid13

semid13 Regular member

I have been using XCopy 4.038 for a year & backup almost a hundred DVD without any problems. The reason why it defaults to DTS is when you uses 'Simple mode' instead of 'Advance mode' In 'Advance mode' I can select the titles I want to copy & skipped all the ads & trailers including all the warning messages. In 'Simple mode' the program can only copy one audio selection together with the main movie. I don't use Anydvd but I ever tried DVD Decrypter & Dvd Shrink - both are good softwares.

12. gamename

gamename Regular member

i have the same version and it works fine with anydvd most of the time even on sony. but i have read where some people have had problems. if ur still using xcopy then u must have paid for it, because there are alot better apps. out now.