1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anydvd&clonedvd2 vrs. dvd rebuilder

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by jujo13, Jan 15, 2009.

1. jujo13

jujo13 Guest

Whats up members,I know this is a dvd shrink forum,so if the question does'nt pertain here;please excuse lol.I use anydvd along with clone dvd2 and sometimes dvd fabdecrypter hd with dvd shrink or image burn.My backups come out great,just curious about the quality of dvd rebuilder is it compatible or superior to the programs i use.The program claims its quality is far better than those one click programs. thanks in advance

2. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Dvd Rebuilder is superior as far as final quality. Programs like Shrink, Recode, etc, just compress or transcode files enough to fit on a 4.7GB blank disc.

Dvd Rebuilder encodes the files resulting in little to no loss in overall quality.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Think I move this to the rebuilder forum - just a bit more appropriate :)

4. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

7th is right on, DVD REbuilder results in much higher quality, especially on movies that require very much compression. I use it almost exclusively over DVD Shrink, as I like to keep the menus (and sometimes special features) along with the main movie, which tends to result in a higher compression ratio.

5. ebega

ebega Regular member

Check the link in my sig about "encoder vs transcoder". It is old now, but should give you a good idea. DVD-RB is by far the best program to use when final quality is the most important factor.

6. bryston

bryston Regular member

Hi,

short of a dvd-9, dvd-rb is the only way to go for quality :)

Jo

7. usabatter

usabatter Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
  8. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Don't throw away the transcoders just yet. With a very slight shrink they produce better results that are truer to the original.

9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Very true MysticE. I still use either Shrink or Recode 2 for movie only cases where little compression is necessary. They haven't lost their respective places in my toolbox. ;)