1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anydvd Drive E not ready

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jasonbrow, Nov 18, 2009.

1. jasonbrow

jasonbrow Member

I have loaded anydvd software on my computer im trying to rip a dvd which has been protected every time i try it the error message comes up saying drive E is not ready

2. mrpat67

mrpat67 Regular member

Check in settings and make sure drive E is enabled. Also if the Fox in your task bar is not red make sure to enable AnyDVD.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I assume AnyDVD is giving you this error message. Therefore the E drive is enabled and AnyDVD is enabled otherwise it would not be giving the drive is not ready. Sounds like it's not a proper DVD. Is it a movie, a burned movie or what. Will a commercial movie open in the E drive or does this happen with all discs? What version of AnyDVD are you using? If movie, what is said name?

4. microsys0

microsys0 Member

Had a similar problem.
    ANYDVD has not finished scanning the DVD.
    You could wait a bit longer, or check for minor smudges or scratches that may be making it difficult for ANYDVD to do it's job.
    I had a similar problem with a DVD. There were minor smudges on the DVD. I cleaned it and got things working. It played OK with the smudges, but Anydvd would not read it. Make sure you have the latest download as well.