1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.4. beta

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by zebadee, Feb 18, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

when i get home i will see if i can find the log for when i did saw3 with shrink. dont know if it will show anything about anydvd though.

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

cant find the log for saw3 but im gonna redo saw3 now with anydvd and shrink. and i did just do the update for anydvd. get to use my new 18x liteon with this...lol

3. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Hey Cinc! I got busy last night and did not get to this. But I hope to today. Let me know what your results are. It would make a lot of Shrink/Any fans happy if this were up to snuff again. Including myself.

Thanks!

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i havent been able to mess with it any today yet. i got my 18x liteon drive today and installed it and i cant get the damn thing to burn TY media.. burns everyting else but not TY's... so i havent been able to mess with saw3. But i do need to correct myself in what i said about zoom... i did it twice once with shrink(which i didn watch) and once with clonedvd2. the clonedvd2 version works perfect, but the shrink version locks up about 18mins into the movie... but im certain saw3 works great ive watched it like 3 times on different players..

ill try and get to it in the morning. i'm at work now pizzed off bout the new drive now...lol... sorry for the wrong info on zoom..

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok here we go.. i just did saw3 again. had anydvd runing in the abckgroud like it does... opened up dvdshrink clicked backup chose movie and menu. left out extras.. and burned it with nero like it does...burnt onto a 16x+r verb.. cause i wanted to max out the new 18x litey..lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    from the looks of the scan i shouldnt have burnt it that fast..lol but it did burn.. just fine with shrink and anydvd

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Movie only cuts out a lot of problems if the disc can be read to do the movie only backup. The copy protection is in the extras. Saw 3 Unrated when it was first released (and before) gave AnyDVD and DVDFab Decrypter problems. Updates got the software to work with CloneDVD 2 for a full backup, but wouldn't work with other software. Maybe the latest updates have it working, but I've been hearing it hasn't with certain titles and with software like DVD Shrink. The Saw 3 thread stickied at the top of the Shrink forum chronicles the problems.

My impression was that AnyDVD was supposed to be an on the fly decrypter for use with any transcoding software. I can see the occasional conflict and not being able to guarantee 100% coverage. But when it starts to fail with such common programs as Recode and Shrink, then there's a problem. If Slysoft is going to say buy CloneDVD 2, then they should incorporate AnyDVD into the CloneDVD 2 program and charge 1 price. Since they get to double dip, I doubt that happening.

7. whitehors

whitehors Guest

i had problems with flicka ,i used dvdfab and shrink and they wouldnt work with the movie ,so i tryed anydvd and dvd clone2 and no problems.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Goes to show what we were talking about. AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 are made for each other...

If those are trials and you don't already own AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2, I'd suggest using RipIt4Me with Shrink. Leave the FixVTS checked and use the 1-Click mode. It works great with Shrink and with RipIt4Me does an excellent job of cleaning up the files. RipIt4Me does such a good job, I've started using it a lot.

9. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

I use Shrink most of the time, because it still works on the majority of movies, even "some" of the newer ones. Secondly I use ANYDVD when Shrink alone doesn't work. I do have CLONEDVD and often use it most to make 2nd copies -- (I like its Write Existing Data option).
    Just recently I downloaded RIPIT4ME and tried it using 1 Click Mode and I am really impressed! It is definitely a tool to keep in my copying bag of tricks. Just wondering though if RIPIT4ME stays on top of the encryption changes as ANYDVD does?

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Lately RipIt4Me has been ahead of AnyDVD. Slysoft said it was because they were working on HD for AnyDVD HD. Still it left some customers waiting. A big plus for RipIt4Me with the hard drive files, they are cleaned and compliant, so work with most any program.

11. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

@pacman777...
    Sounds like the RIPIT4ME people are on top of it.
    I will probably use it more often.
    I started with the 1 Click Mode....Am I missing anything by not using the Wizard Mode??

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

No. The best I can tell, Wizard is for people who like to push buttons. With more human input you get more human error. The program does the complete process in 1-Click, so I don't try to second guess it with Wizard.

13. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

@ PacMan777...
    Thanks....Then I will continue to use the 1 Click Mode.
    I am glad the RipIt4Me technicians came up with the 1 Click Mode for simple minds like me.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome.

Sometimes my woman tells me I'm simple minded. On those occasions I remind her there's often genius in simplicity. Shows how "simple minded" I really am for saying such a thing to an already angry female. LOL

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

PacMan777- agreed sometimes the simple solutions are the Best ! I went through all that aggravation with Zoom ! Tried every program I had & The Final Solution for Me was to use DVD Decrypter - & anydvd & Verbatim DVD+RL media ! I have'nt watched the Dl Back up on tv yet but it appears to have come out okay as I speed watched it on The PUTER ! ( Made sure it was all there ?) I Would have preffered that I would have been able to burn it toa SL disc ! it's not that Bad of a Movie But I would'nt Put it on my Has to go on a DL verbatim list if you get my drift ! & I understand that several members got it done with varying Proggies but I tried everything in my Arsenal Including Ripit4me & Nero on my laptop ! I did'nt have clone DVD & still don't yet ? But That May change Soon ! I really Like Verbatim Media ,But I can't see buying a DL disc everytime I wanna do a Sony or Lionsgate back up !~ Could get a tad expensive for the non - well to do ? I have learned alot from this post however ! especially WWCD ? What would CincyRob Do? get the Picture ? LOL! Ciao!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

LMAO well if your waiting to see what i would do, that might be a long wait..lol.. to be honest i havent had much problems out of any of the movies... had a little problem withs saw3 but used ripit4me and got it when it first came out. but after anydvd did its thing ive had no problem with saw3.. as far as zoom goes i did have the problem with shrink and anydvd like i stated earlier up there, but i went with clonedvd2 and anydvd and got a perfect burn...(well as close to perfect we can get)