1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by monument, Mar 31, 2005.

1. monument

monument Member

Maybe it's just me because I am new...But, I was running at about 90% success rate running DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and thought, what the heck. Why not try to make it better? So, I download dvdclone and Anydvd. My success rate for backing up dvd's dropped to 0 to 5%...I have since deleted dvdclone and I have to disable AnyDVD just to get shrink and/or DVD decrypter to work at all...Are my setting off somewhere? Are there optimal settings? Do I have too many programs on my desktop? Really not sure...Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I have only AnyDVD running in the background and open up CloneDVD 2 when I start a copy. No other copy programs running. I do have other copy programs but have not had to use them except out of curosity. At 250+ with 0, I say 0, failure rate.

3. monument

monument Member

Ok, well I downloaded ANYDVD's latest version and now I am not having any issues...Weird. Does anyone happen to have any "Optimal settings" for any of the programs like Anydvd, dvd shrink, or dvd decrypter? Thanks!!

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

"Optimal" has to be an individual preference as to what you want to do. Explore and learn.

5. monument

monument Member

Well, I have noticed that ANYDVD and DvdShrink don't work well together on my system. I always get message that there is something wrong with my media(even with a very clean, brand new DVD). I have started just using decrypter first, disabling ANYDVD and then using shrink to burn the movies. Seems rather sad that I should have to disable ANYDVD at all...I know I am new and I know very little. Please don't flame me... Thanks....

6. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

What are you using for media

7. monument

monument Member

Imation 8X's DVD-R's, Mad Dog Megastor 7 in 1 multimedia...I hope I answered your question.

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I have heard of people having problems with Slysoft's software (AnyDVD and CloneDVD2) if they have bootlegged copies. I'm not trying to accuse anyone but if that's the case, that may be the reason.

I bought AnyDVD because in my opinion it's one of the greatest programs available. I did the trial of CloneDVD2 and I didn't care for it too much.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  9. monument

monument Member

No, I paid, received my password/code by e-mail. I have to disable AnyDVD to get anything(DVD Decrypter, shrink, Nero)to work. Dvd Decrypter and shrink fail about 1/2 way through initial processing with ANYDVD enabled. Then I get critical errors. Check condition errors with brand new disks. Somehow, ANYDVD screws up my system...I suppose some day when I have enough time to just sit and read for many hours I will figure it all out...
    Thanks...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Anydvd runs in the background with almost any program. I have been using different versions of it for over a year now. I haven't found a program that it didn't want to work with or that it messed up other programs. My old PC that I built just for burning has a desktop that looks like a recording studio. I have many dvd backup programs installed. I have yet to have a conflict with any of them with Anydvd. I suggest maybe a new download and reinstall. Clean the registry after the uninstall. Also is your Clonedvd from the Slysoft or Elby site or from Clonedvd.net? If its from Clonedvd.net its a junk program not the one we usually use with Anydvd. I'm not saying I don't believe your problems just that there has to be some reason other than Anydvd itself causing your trouble.

Jerry

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

12. monument

monument Member

Ok, everything was downloaded from Slysoft only...

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@monument - how about we rewind and start from the bottom. (Before anyone jumps on me for saying that especially as this thread has anydvd in title, we should really try and rule out the basics first..). Close anydvd for now and try something simple such as just Shrink. (unless of course there's a particular film you're having trouble with, ie an arccos protected film). In that case try Decrypter first, doing something simple like file mode. Either way let us know what film you're stuck with and we can get ya going again..

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

this is not the first time i saw anydvd give conflict problems...

ermmm?

15. creaky

@Rotary, i too have seen some threads suggesting as much, but i have pondered about mentioning as i didn't want to get jumped on
    by any AnyDVD advocates. At least now a repected AD Addict has mentioned it, it should be safe to concur!

[bold]edit-[/bold] not going to comment about Anydvd as it's just not worth arguing about..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yes i have got a file of anydvd but its a couple of upgrades ago now and i nver installed it, as i wasnt in a rush about trying the new, well not so new protections now out, then dvd decrypter updated, which was nice ;-])

so not needed this app yet although its there just in case! as most reports from users swear by it! so yes its still in mind for future problems!

17. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

I've noticed that as well. AnyDVD has been a great tool but every once in a while it can be a little touchy with certain movies. You have to play around and try different variables. Most of the time just enabling/disabling does the trick for me. At least until my trial period ran out. Anyone want to donate to the "help pay for my prog dwnld fund". Just kidding!kidding!kidding!

18. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Facts, gentlemen, facts please, not rumors or maybe, might ,could of been, etc,etc,etc.

19. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I have run into a couple of problems with AnyDVD, all of which were able to correct in the settings. Make sure you look over everything there.

20. creaky

excerpt from from http://forum.dvddecrypter.com/index.php?showtopic=16818&hl=-

somebody had posted
    LIGHTNING UK's response
    So obviously ppl have to keep up with the updates, but i knew i'd read it somewhere.. knew i hadn't imagined it :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005