1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anydvd messed up my registry and now I have no E drive

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Danimal7, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Danimal7

Danimal7 Member

Anydvd wouldnt find my e drive so i got on this site that told me to change the name of a registry file, i did it and now my computer doesnt find my e drive, what do I do!!!!????....besides never changing my registry again..

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Uninstall AnyDVD
    Then aside from doing a system restore (If you are using windows XP, I dunno, you never said), maybe reboot machine and see if BIOS finds it. Maybe turn off machine, unplug the drive, turn the machine on, run cleanup utilities, then turn the machine off and plug the drive back in to see if Windows auto-runs and recognizes new hardware.
    What kind of drive is it not finding and whats the firmware #???

3. onya

onya Guest

Can you re-enter the original code on that string? If not, try this, turn off your pc then un-hook the power and the ide ribbon cable from the burner. Restart your pc, wait untill it loads completely then shut down, re-attach the power and ide cable and do a restart. This worked for me when I did a firmware update that mucked up my system. (WinXP)

Once you have things back to normal, backup your registry and keep it safe with all your other data backups. Editing your registry can lead to a seriously malfunctioning pc, therfore only do so if fully understood. It's unfortunate that the info that was passed on to you, turned out to be a problem, thankfully minor. All the best.