1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANYDVD, mucho Problemos... :)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by monument, Apr 13, 2005.

1. monument

monument Member

After weeks of interferences issue hence the payment and install of Slysoft's, ANYDVD, I get the following message from "Customer support."
    Hi,

"Sorry. We do not know why Intervideo fails to burn. AnyDVD is only involved
    in reading out the DVD, not in burning. Please contact the Intervideo
    support.

Best regards,

John Smith
    Customer Support"

Ok, John Smith....

So, ANYDVD has interferred with decrypter, shrink, intervideo, and even Nero 6...And that's the only reply I get after having provided detailed information? Ok, I am glad lots of folk on this site like it and I hope ANYDVD does you well...As for me, its been another big waste of cashola...
    Thanks...

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

If you have the latest version of DVD Decrypter(remember, it's free) you really could have done without the anydvd headache. Sorry you are having problems. Good luck

3. gamename

gamename Regular member

maybe u could try to reinstall or something.i have pretty much evey software that is out and it works great for me.try posting more info on ad about your problem.

4. monument

monument Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. I finally just erased ANYDVD and now Decrypter and Shrink are fine. It's funny that free DVD software actually works better than paid software. probably the most ironic thing about it was when I called Intervideo support, I knew more about their product than they did...And I know almost NOTHING....Strange...
    Thanks!

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Free software being better than software you paid for is [bold]not always the case[/bold], but it's great when it works out that way for you. Thought I'd add that before a ANYDVD whore gave us their oranges and apples or it works great for me story.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Very strange. I've used AnyDVD with Nero 6, DVD Decrypter, RecordNow DX, CopyToDVD and DVD Shrink without a single hitch. AnyDVD has been one of the most compatible apps I've dealt with. I don't doubt that it's tied into your problems somehow but yours is a rare occurrence.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  7. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

@wolfniggr,
    Might be a little harsh on AnyDVD users, don't you think?

8. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

I have had my share of problems, but like Nephilim--I have many programs I can use such as Sonic Record Now, Nero, Decrypter, Shrink etc. I purchased AnyDVD a few months ago and now always have it running in the background--Just makes life easier when burning (for me anyway)and thankfully has not interfered with any other software. I don't like that the Customer Support person at Slysoft couldn't help you more though--Have you tried talking with anybody at InterVideo?--hopefully someone here will see your thread and think--"That happened to me!" and be able to help-Good Luck

Whitfield

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

All companies will try to blame problems on some other manufacturer's product.

I had a problem with burning using DVD Copy 3 too. Whenever I tried to tell it to burn a disc it would just freeze and I'd have to close it down in Task Manager. Also, I did some strange things to the movies, but I won't get into that. Just thought I'd let you know, DVD Copy 3 comes with some problems (or did for me at least).

As far as AnyDVD, I have used it with tons of different proggys and it always works great.

And all tech support sucks. I called Dell and the lady I talked to didn't know a damn thing about a computer or anything electronic. Better off just talking to us here.

10. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Not on the users, the ones who swear it is the answer to all ripping problems. The one's who act like it's the second comming of the messiah. I think anydvd is a great program, but the way some people go on, they act like it'll even wipe your ass when you run out of toilet paper.

So I'll say it again so no one will misunderstand, [bold]I think anydvd is a great program[/bold].

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@monument,
    Hi most people that have had trouble with AnyDVD was due to the fact that they had some other software that is also trying to continually read your DVD/CD ROM drives. Something like InCD, Drag To Disk, DVD43 or something like that. Do you happen to have any proggys installed like this that need access to your drive? I don't believe AnyDVD is the whole problem it may be getting interferance from another proggy, but the point is thousands are using it without a problem so there is nothing wrong with the software. More than likely a conflict with some other proggy on your system and DVD Shrink, Decrypter, DVDCopy3 wouldn't be the conflict as I have all of those installed and they work perfectly fine with AnyDVD. What is the make and model of your drive?

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

RecordNow uses DLA for their packet writing. If you have this installed it could be the cause of your problems too.

13. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi everyone.im a real newbie only had a comp for 6 mths. so only used the power2go system originally to do my backups, then a friend reccomended anydvd because i was having probs with a few discs. i then found the parts i used the most wouldnt work anymore . i then found afterdawn. downloaded shrink and decryter.read every thing on scubapete's guides.got rid of anydvd hey presto no more probs.so from my experience anydvd dos'nt seem to work for everyone who uses there system in different ways. so i think its everyone to their own. a god to some not so godly to others. geoff

14. squizzle

squizzle Active member

AnyDVD is up to version 5.2 now. Maybe that fixed some of the problems experienced here.

15. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I think it may be a typo in the notice.

AnyDVD v5.0
    AnyDVD is a tool that removes automatically the CSS copy protection and RPC region codes from your DVDs in the moment you insert the disc in.
    [Added: 12 September 2003 - All-time downloads: 276958]
    [Updated: 13 April 2005 - Downloads since last update: 1945]

16. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

The last update I see for ANYDVD is 4.6.3.1. I see they also updated their website. Help! I'm I missing something (that wouldn't surprise me) Update says no newer versions.
    I personally prefer AnyDVD with Nero - I do sometimes use it with shrink. No problems.

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That is the newest version.. 4.6.3.1

18. binkie7

Thanks BBMayo
    I sometimes have a habit of reading things to quickly so it wouldn't suprise me if I did miss something. Plus they are called Sly Soft so you never know :)

19. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  20. binkie7

Bilbo65 -
    I downloaded it on another computer (from Sly Soft) that doesn't and never had it and the only one I get is 4.6.3.1. I check the link you give and it has 5.0 - why would AD have it and not Sly Soft on their website? Just curious.