1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anydvd not reading disc

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by huskerboy, Jan 10, 2007.

1. huskerboy

huskerboy Member

i just bought idiocracy and i'm trying to make a backup . but when i put it in the computer, it doesn't read it. anydvd doesn't read it either. then my computer says error disc not formatted. any help would be appreciated. thanks. p.s. don't have any problems with my other backups. just this disc.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Is the disc dirty? Will it play on a stand alone DVD player.

3. huskerboy

huskerboy Member

yes it plays on a standard player. actually, i took it back to best buy and swapped it for another one telling them it would not play on my computer. i don't know if it's a firmware problem but this is the only backup i've ever had a problem with.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Is the movie out in the US? I've not done it. Will other discs still play on your pc? What version of AnyDVD are you using? Try playing it with AnyDVD disabled. If it shows up that way, see if Shrink will rip it. I can't imagine that movie not showing up and why, especially if others do.

5. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

May I suggest you give this version a go: AnyDVD6104.exe

- New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection (e.g., Saw 3) to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
    - New: Improved "Jump to title menu" with some discs containing TV episodes

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6104.exe

6. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

im having the same problem.. i have the latest anydvd but my computer can read it, but still doesnt work.. it starts to read but gets to like 225 mins left to rip, before it even gets to writing the disc.. new copy protection out?

7. huskerboy

huskerboy Member

the movie is out in the u.s., yes other movies will play fine on my pc. and i had already tried disabling anydvd and my pc still won't read it. crazy

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Has to be some other new copy protection since everything else checks out. Give anyDVD some time to work this one out. Seems like you're not the only one having problems with this one. Don't panic yet. With anydvd disabled did the disc even show up? Ima49311 could at least read it.