1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD or DVD Decrypter and Forgotten

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by augerpro, Jan 18, 2005.

1. augerpro

augerpro Member

I've been using dvddecrypter and dvdshrink for awhile and am totally happy. However I heard only AnyDVD beta can decrypt Forgotten, so I dl'ed and installed it today. Here's my question(s): with anydvd running in the background I can backup using dvddecrypter and dvdshrink the same as I always do, correct? First I tried dvdshrink, clicked open disc, and at 18% in analysis it locked up, twice.

So I decide to try decrypter to rip it. It did finish successfully, however along the way I got log entries I've never seen before:page header not found errors, insterting dummy sector, and several popup errors saying file could not be patched. What do these mean?

After ripping I used shrink, reauthor option,and it had no problem burning the main movie to disc.Is this the correct method for using anydvd? I'll watch the movie now and let you know if it burned ok.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

the newest dvd decrypter will work.

3. Biovett

Biovett Member

Hello,
    I just installed the newest version of DVD Decyrpter and " The Forgotten " still will not work, it hangs at 47%

4. flip218

Any error message? cause I ripped with DVD Decrypter (newest version 3.5.2.0).

Also newest AnyDVD disabled and turned off.

5. augerpro

augerpro Member

Well the movie plays. One strange thing though, the beginning displays a black screen, when I hit fastforward the timer jumped to 01:42 then reset to 00:00 and the actual movie started playing. Any one ever have this happen?

hey biovet, when decrypter started inserting "dummy sectors" the progress stopped for awhile. Leave it run and it should start ripping again.

And does anyone know if the log entries and errors I listed above are normal? Flip?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

When you Re-authored for movie only, you should have used start and end frames settings to remove the blank frames.

It's just the area where the bad sectors are and they're no longer skipped because DVD Shrink rewrites the IFO files.

7. augerpro

augerpro Member

Hey thanks, never noticed that button! Never had it happen before, must happen only with certain encryption schemes huh?

8. Gulfwindx

Gulfwindx Guest

I had no problem backing up the Forgotten Used latest DVDDC 3.5.2.0 to hard drive then DVD-XCOPY-RF 4.0.4.15 with browse feature clicked on all title sets and compression box plays perfect

9. gmoney39

gmoney39 Guest

how do u use dvd xcopy using the hard drive???

10. flip218

Your post is off topic. You need a RF(ripper free) version to browse files on your HD.

Use the XCopy forum: http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

11. gjj440

gjj440 Member

Currently using Decrypter V3.2 and had problems decrypting Resident Evil 2 and The Forgotten. If I install Decrypter V3.5, do I need to uninstall V3.2 first?

12. walnut187

walnut187 Member

No click help on dvd decrypter and select where it says something like look for updates or something like that and it should update it, if not I would recommend uninstalling the old version, b/c it would be obsolete now.

13. flip218

You have to uninstall the older versions. If you don't do it before installing the new one, DVD Decrypter will ask ... and remove it for you.

14. Biovett

Biovett Member

Hello,
    Well, Well, Well, These forums are Great. I was complaining about failing at " The Forgotten ", when One of our knowledgable watchers read my problems and answered..... Maybe your disk is BAD. He was Right. I exchanged the disk at a different store and that disk gave me no problems. Maybe the people who are having problems with disk .. have a bad disk.

15. finderS

finderS Member

i have been trying to follow advice, however i still can't get dvd shrink to see full movie, only lists shortened alternate endings, dvddc shows both movies(main and main w/ alt ending), but can't do anything with it in ifo edit, dvd2one or shrink? am i missing something else? it is the same with anydvd running or not

16. asystole

asystole Member

Just my two cents, but i just udated my DVD Decrypter and backed up FORGOTTEN just fine..I first tried my DVD Shrink, other copy of decrypter, dvd wizard pro, dvd xcopy express and gold version with failed attempts...Howerver to day i downloaded update and worked just fine... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AFTERDAWN.COM
    asystole

17. uzmeplz

uzmeplz Guest

asystole,I had the same thing happen to me,When i tried to backup forgotten.But after I updated DVD Decrypte!Burned like a dream.Just goes to show how things change fast.Gotta stay updated.Happy rippen!

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

DVD X COPY PLATINUM with DVD REGION+CSS running in the background works fine to backing up THE FORGOTTEN

19. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

By using DVD Decrypter version 3.5.2.0 along with DVD Shrink, everything worked perfect, including both versions of the movie. Most of the time DVD Shrink works just fine by itself with Nero6 and I always use highest compression settings under Custom Compression for everything but the main movie, also un-checking the unwanted foreign audio files, etc. so as to leave the most quality/least compressed space available for the main movie.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  20. robbieo

robbieo Member

I've ripped over 300 movies, the first 100 with X-Copy Platinum and the last 200 with DVD Shrink/Nero 6X and have pretty much made perfect copies. The few coasters I made were with X-Copy..anyway...I have followed the posts and have done what some are saying (AnyDVD, DVD Decrypter, etc.) and still my backups hang around midway through. Is there any other possible solution to this?
    Thanks, Rob