1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD The SlyRedFox

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by Sophocles, May 20, 2016.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

"And, of course the number of extras etc determine the use of a single layer DVD, but most of my DVD's are the TV series, and they ALL are double layer."

A TV series will be double layer, because the studios are trying to squeeze as much on a single disc as possible. As for AnyDVD, I use it mostly for its non decryption attributes. DVD's are much easier to pirate than Blu-Rays but the rule of thumb has always been, if you can see it, then there's a way to copy. I still have some HD DVDs in my collection which I will have to get to soon enough before there's nothing left to play them with.

As for time, yes I have a lot more time than I did during my early days on the forum. In 2012 I applied for early retirement with the knowledge that it would reduce my pension, but I have enough so I'm good. Keep in touch!

2. Robmoo

Robmoo Member

I started backing up my DVD's 9 years ago and bought a license to use DVDFab. The company that owns DVDFab still honors that license. When I switched to Blu Rays I paid for a lifetime license to use AnyDVD to back up this data. The new entity that claims ownership of AnyDVD wants to renege on that license. They want me to pay full price for a new license from them. Why would I do that? What is to keep them from changing their name and doing this all over again? Nothing but their good word? I just bought Passkey. If I have to pay I might as well pay a company that has kept their commitments. If Redfox wanted a $30-40 fee to keep the software up to date I would have paid. I've paid Illustrate a time or two to keep using their most up to date software because it works well and is easy to use. Good bye Slysoft and good bye AnyDVD. Good ridance RedFox.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

That's more or less been my stance as well. If SlySoft had appealed to its base, explained a need for cash flow, and offered a reasonable resolution I think that just about every lifetime license holder would've accepted it. Unfortunately they chose a song and dance routine along with a difficult to accept story about how they're really new owners and as a result have no obligation to prior agreements.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  4. lhack

lhack Member

Back to the first issue, about losing anydvd, go into your documents and see if you still have the download setup of the prior update, if you do, delete the anydvd that you have right now , the last update , the one they tricked you into taking, and redowlaod the previous version of anydvd. don't update it again either itll work for a while, I'm looking at new decoders because I smell a rat fink dressed in a mask

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I never lost AnyDVD, and nor did I mention losing it, I only mentioned my experience with version 8.X no longer accepting my key, but I'm certain that happened to a lot of people. I still have version 7.6.9.5, and it will still work on older stuff and even a lot of the newer stuff. As for other people, they can still find a copy of 7.6.9.5 online somewhere. IF not they can send me a message and I'll get a copy to them. But thanks for your concern.

6. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

Who cares AnyDVD. MakeMKV is enough. Also tried ByteCopy.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

People who've paid for lifetime licenses care, and while there are alternatives, they're also commercial software. I no longer do a lot of backups so it's not that important to me, but there are more than a few who feel they've been cheated, and no one likes to feel as though they've cheated. Even worse is that SlyRedFox disrespected its clients by trying to game them, when a simple, we're in trouble and need help would've sufficed.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016