1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD vs DVD43free

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fab5_dv, Jan 15, 2005.

1. brobear

brobear Guest

http://www.intervideo.com
    Download and try the DVDCopy3 trial. Make sure your system meets the hardware and software requirements. With AnyDVD running and the red fox in the taskbar, put in your DVD and record. The program has its own burner. That will tell you if you have problems with your current setup.

2. brent5258

brent5258 Guest

Slysoft's Anydvd & clonedvd2 = results !!!!
    Dont get much better!

3. jayp3724

jayp3724 Member

I was only able to copy forgotten in the simple entire movie mode
    the css protections wouldnt allow me to copy the entire disk...also at playback the very beginning of the movie paused for a moment or 2 then plays on..
    any other suggestions??

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Forgotten has several copy protections. You must use the newest decrypter and rip to the HD 1st, then use those files in whatever app you're using to back it up. Another option is to use the newest AnyDvd, have it running in the background before you open the movie and your backup app on your PC.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Guess I'm doing the double whammy. I run AnyDVD all the time. Since I like using hard drive files I rip with DVD Decrypter. So, I'm running AnyDVD and ripping with Decrypter at the same time. Even with the ripped files, AnyDVD is still running when I open the files in the encoding program. Occasionally, I've had to wait for the decryption software to be updated, but I've yet to run into a movie that these two haven't ripped.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Agreed!! Forgotten has the newest Sony encryption Arccos, anydvd has already released a new version to deal with it. How's that for updating and staying on top of the game?

7. brobear

brobear Guest

AnyDVD is the best decrypter of its type and has developed the rep as such. As long as the sales don't slack off, I'd say AnyDVD will keep those fast updates coming.

8. ricoman

ricoman Member

To ilovenudi: Keep trying to get thru to Slysoft. They're very cooperative. When I bought a new computer, I forgot to move AnyDVD to my new one so I downloaded the Trialware. When I contacted Slysoft, they had me on file and sent me the key to reactivate it. I have Xcopy Express and Platinum, and DVD Decrypter and I don't use them any more just AnyDVD/CloneDVD. They are great, never had a single problem, well worth the money. I have burned DL discs and AnyDVD will even backup Xcopy discs and remove the damned warnings.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

ricoman
    ilovenudi already said SlySoft sent the key, several posts back.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Can't blame a feller for trying ;>)

11. brobear

brobear Guest

You're right.

12. need2no

need2no Guest

Has th Dvd43 site gone down? I have tried to download the 3.04 version, but I only get unavailable url messages.

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Go to software here in AD(top of the page) and look under rippers. The DL for Dvd43 3.04 should be there and ready to go.

14. brobear

brobear Guest

15. ilovenudi

ilovenudi Member

thanks for the help! tried any dvd with clonedvd2 trial and it worked even though after 3 tries cannot copy CATWOMAN. Interesting...also says write errors 3/4 way through. Maybe the DVD is defective(original) and have tried slowing the write down with no results! any way, thanks guys!

16. brobear

brobear Guest

@ilovenudi
    Try running AnyDVD all the time and use DVD Decrypter to rip the Catwoman files to the hard drive and then open the hard drive files in the CloneDVD2.

@need2no
    Your choice, but since most everyone agrees AnyDVD is the top ripper in its class; I'd consider it instead of the DVD43.

17. brobear

brobear Guest

@ilovenudi
    I forgot to mention, you can use the freeware DVDInfoPro to check the DVD for errors. I've seen a few questionable discs that would play on the standalone but wouldn't record due to errors.

18. ilovenudi

ilovenudi Member

thanks for your help!

19. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome.

20. CTxpress

CTxpress Member

Hi all
    I'm sure every one in here has more than one DVD copy programs. I am among one of those people.
    Any how I only use AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 for Sony Tristars Columbia pictures only. I still use DVD-Xpress for most movies that it can do.
    But AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 are just perfect with each other. Can't get any better than that.
    I'll post back tomorrow about The Grudge.
    CT-Xpress