1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD vs DVD43free

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fab5_dv, Jan 15, 2005.

1. uzmeplz

uzmeplz Guest

Hey thanks for the heads up on the software.Ill try DVDCopy3 out!

2. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome. The nice thing about the trial, if you don't like it or don't think it's worth the bucks, you know what you're missing. Me, I think it's worth every bit of what I paid for it. BTW, I have the Platinum, just a few more bells and whistles over the Gold version.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

uzmeplz,

I agree with brobear on Copy 3, if you're gonna pay, get it and get the platinum version. Well worth the difference, especially for editing purposes. Clone Dvd 2 doesn't hold a candle to Shrink 3.2 aside from the fact shrink is free. Shrink 3.2 does much better at higher compressions using the new quality settings, not to mention far superior editing, copying diversity, and analyzing.

Also, no battle between Decrypter and AnyDvd. Two totally different kinds of rippers. I find it's better to have and use both depending on the situation and in conjunction with each other as brobear stated.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

RitekRG,

Sorry I'm just getting back to ya, had illness in the family. I'll pop over to the RB/CCE thread and see if I can be of assistance.

5. bing000

bing000 Guest

HI BROBEAR ANY BODY IM HAVING A PROBLEM DVD43 SENDING ME ERROR ASKING FOR TS KEY #1 WHERE CAN I EXCHANGE THE KEY WHERE CAN I GET IT PLEASE ANSWER ME ANY BODY THANK YOU

6. brobear

brobear Guest

First of all you need to get rid of the all caps print. They don't like it around here. It's considered shouting in print. Besides, it's more difficult to read.

As far as the DVD43, I don't mess with it, so I can't help you. The program messed my computer up once when I tried it and since then I haven't kept up with it at all. AnyDVD is the better program anyway.

7. uzmeplz

uzmeplz Guest

I realy whanted to thank you all for the heads up on the software.Also for all the helpful info that i have recieved.(The battle) was not for say,software company at battle.More like people tring to prove on was better then the other.I agree with bigorange they are two different rippers.I was just trying to say in short.Is that i think the best software is the software that works best for you!Thanks brobear and bigorange for all the info.Thanks to people like you two.This site will be around for along time.Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2005
  8. ricoman

ricoman Member

Bigorange; I just burned my first disc with the trial version on DVDCopy3 and it came out fine. I will burn the same movie with CloneDVD2 and compare. One question though, after the burn I couldn't find any video files on my HD. Does it automatically delete them? Can they be retained in case the burn or media was bad and you want to redo it? Thanks.

9. ricoman

ricoman Member

Also, I did not see anywhere to set the write speed. Do you know if the trial version is a full blown version, or might these features be on the registered version only. Sorry, to bother you with these questions but Support won't let you ask any questions without a paid for key #.

10. ricoman

ricoman Member

In case anyone is interested here are scans using:
    1) AnyDVD/CloneDVD2
    2) AnyDVD/DVDCopy3
    Both are pretty good. Ignore the spike in the beginning, it's just a Liteon anomally.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ricoman

ricoman Member

I'm sorry, I can't seem to attach the scans. Also, I can't edit or delete the reply! Afterdawn could make these tasks a little easier.

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

ricoman,

to edit just click on the icon on the far right of your post.

The trial version of Copy 3 is a full working version. In order to test it's true merit against Clonedvd you need to do a compression of about 35-40%. Clonedvd will work as well as Copy 3 in the lower compression range, either way it's nowhere near as fast. I have used Copy 3 as much as 51% and even on a quality setting of 2 it turned out excelllent. No way Clone Dvd can do that.

Copy 3's temp files are deleted after the burn, but you can write to the hard drive if you wish to use the files.

Hope this helps :>)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  13. brobear

brobear Guest

ricoman
    I use files ripped to the HD with DVD Decrypter. I always leave AnyDVD running in the background. I've found HD files give the laser a rest and the data flow to the program is smoother than from a disc which can have imperfections that affect the read rates.

14. ricoman

ricoman Member

Thanks guys, great tips. Thanks for putting up with my screw-ups. :>)

15. brobear

brobear Guest

ricoman
    You're welcome. As far as messing up on occasion, we've all been there one time or another.

16. CTxpress

CTxpress Member

Hi every one
    1st of all I'd like to thank every one in here for giving us all the supports and answers.
    It seems like backing up the movies today it's not going to be open up-point-click-go any more. It's time to learn something new. I'm not really good at it either but I do a lot of search from difference forums.That's how I'd be able to back the movies I really want.Another thing I've found that some of us in here has similar software I have but can not back the same movie or may be something more that I don't know.
    Research is a Must for new movies today
    Cheers

17. Joekay4

Joekay4 Member

i would like to know how to get anydvd for free.because i have "dvd43free" abd it wont work for me because when i start the program it reads the disc but when i try to burn it with "1clickdvd" it says i need to start dvd43free before starting "1clickdvd" i do but same message comes up.so if anyone can help me with my dvd43free issue or give me a link to another free program that would be nice thnx.

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Here ya go:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Dowmload the new beta 4.5.7.1 and let it run at start up. AnyDvd is far superior to Dvd43 IMHO. It is constantly being updated before new encryption even hits the market. It will give you a 21 day free trial.

19. brobear

brobear Guest

Joekay4
    AnyDVD is a retail app, so it isn't free. However the 3 week trial should be long enough to let you know if you want to keep it or not.

20. amaze122

amaze122 Member

bigorange, I can't find v.3.0.4, all I can find is version 2.5.0.192...(even using Yahoo, and download.com). There is only one version at www.dvd43free.com, and I downloaded it, but it doesn't say what version it is, and I hesitate to click "install", without knowing this info...

Hasty Edit: When I made this reply, I was replying to page 1; I didn't know this thread was four pages long! I have since found the answer to my question, tho, so no reply is necessary, thanks. (I found the version here in afterdawn by clicking "software", at the top, then "search software").

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005