1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anydvd won't let my DVD software autostart! Why!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jakobY1, Nov 12, 2004.

1. jakobY1

jakobY1 Member

This program may do what it says, but I hate apps that get in the way of functionality that you've gotten completely used to. After installing, whenever I insert a DVD nothing happens. I have to manually open my WinDVD 6, which is not an arduous task at all, but for an app with something as basic and handy as an 'Autostart' feature, (plus my WInDVD set to autoplay a disc) you'd think the first step would go smoothly.
    I hate to admit it but DVD Region + CSS Free actually did everything ANyDVD does and did not interfere with my DVD software. But after I found out that they had snatched somebody else's software (DVD43) and turned around and charged for it, I got rid of it. That sort of crap inflames me...
    But can anyone tell me why ANYDVD is keeping my Windvd from starting up...?

2. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

open "any dvd", review checked blocks. you will probably see the problem.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

have you tried re-installing anydvd. I have never heard of it interfering with another app's function. I also have Windvd 6.

Have you messed with any of the default settings in Anydvd?

Also, try not having anydvd not come on automatically, set it for manual and see what happens with WinDvd. A lot of people turn anydvd on manually instead of it coming on with startup anyway.

Believe me, this app does all that it claims :>)

4. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

by default, "any dvd" removes the auto run feature from the copy. to keep the auto run feature, you must uncheck the block prior to copying the movie and prior to viewing any movie on your dvd rom.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I keep AnyDVD turned off unless doing a dvd backup. I don't have any problems with my auto start that way.

Jerry