1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anydvd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Gunny, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Gunny

Gunny Member

Hi Gang

Is there any way to set up Anydvd to go into DVD shrink, then DVDdecrypter to burn it, automatically. I am just using the trial version now, but if this can be done I will certainly buy it.

I understand ripit4me is having problems, is no longer active. I have used it before, and it worked great.

Thanks.......Gunny

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

ummm... nope. anydvd and ripit4me are totally different programs. anydvd acts as it's own ripper and decrypter. How do you burn with dvd decrypter?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2007
  3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

First of all, DVDDecrypter IS a burner.

AnyDVD CAN be used with DVDShrink to rip to your hard drive . . then DVDShrink will shrink the image to fit on a 4.38GB disc . . DVDDecrypter will then burn the image for you. You can set DVDShrink to automatically burn with either DVDDecrypter or Nero

4. Gunny

Gunny Member

Hi gang

I think catfreak answered your question there. I thank you for the information.

Is there really any difference between some of these paid versions, and the freebies.? I have always used the freebies, but they are slowly disappearing it seems. I am willing to pay for one providing they are some what better then their trial/free version. Any comments on that will be appreciated. Does CloneDVD do a good job, I think they are one of the ones that are as close to one click as you can get.

Thanks......Gunny

5. Shardel

Shardel Guest

The older free programs work most of the time. A lot of AD members
    use DVD Fab Decrypter rather than DVD Decrypter because it is still
    update. So far RipIt4Me works on a lot of movies, but will become
    less useful as time goes by.
    I have owned AnyDVD for quite sometime. I think it is the best money
    I have spent on a program. They give you free updates for life after
    you purchase the program. They update regularly every time a new
    encryption appears. I can't speak for Clone as I don't own it.
    Most of the time I use AnyDVD in the background with Shrink to write
    an ISO file and then burn with Imgburn. I have Nero also, but
    rarely use it. Buy the way right now Slysoft has a coupon code for
    a discount on their software-good till the 24th of June I think.
    If you would like to see how some of the programs are set up together
    check out the guides at this link:
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm
    These guides walk you through each program one step at a time. They
    also show very clearly how the settings should be.
    Hope this helps.

6. Gunny

Gunny Member

Hi shardel

Thanks for the info, great site. And thanks to the guy that put that site out there, must have taken a lot of time and work. And yes this certainly helps. AnyDVD has been a around for a long time, cause I would hate to pay for a copy and have them fold up. There are no guarantees I know. One other thing I was wondering about is it better to get the disc or download their programs right off the Internet. I would assume getting them right off their site would be the better way to go any more.

Thanks......Gunny

7. Shardel

Shardel Guest

The only way to purchase AnyDVD is by downloading it from their site.
    They do not sell discs. If you do purchase it be sure to save your
    key to CD. Do not share your key with anyone as that would violate
    your agreement with them and would get your key inactivated.
    I agree that is a great site. It was put up there by bbmayo. He is
    one of the real knowledgeable members of AD. I'm sure it took a lot
    of time to make. He was the first member here who helped me when I
    first joined. I'm sure he has helped many others since then. One of
    the guides was also written by Pacman777 who also is a huge help to
    a lot of people.

8. Gunny

Gunny Member

Hi Shardel

Ok thanks again. I am looking at all of them to see which one really looks good to me. I am using a couple of them on a free trial basis now. This AnyDVD seems to be pretty good. I wonder why some one has not come up with one program that does it all, remove the copyright, shrink, and burn. I guess there is too much involved, or taking too much of a chance with the studio's catching up with them. If you do just a little bit of the total, they figure they will not get their hands slapped as hard if caught.

Thanks......Gunny

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@gunny...... there are plenty of programs that do it all! Just that AnyDVD is so versatile and does so many things and can be used with many programs and it's always updated! Here are a few good programs that do it all:

DVDFab Platinum: http://www.dvdfab.com/index.htm even has discount going on.... and it's updated often!

Intervideo DVDCopy5: http://www.intervideo.com/InterVideoDVDCopy/

DVD2One: http://www.dvd2one.com/

the best ones, and member favorites here, are AnyDVD + CloneDVD

I think the best quality all in one programs that is updated often enough to keep up with newer encryptions is DVDFab Platinum... with Intervideo DVDCopy5 a close second.... but many members love DVDCopy5!

10. Gunny

Gunny Member

Hi Ihoe

Thanks for the information. After I said that I got to thinking, what am I saying sure there are programs that do it all. After reading so much on one thing I think your mind sort of goes blank a little. Any way one question I have had with all these different programs, does the do all compare in video quality, as the 2,3,4. stop programs.? I usually don't let speed interfere with what the end result will be. If it takes a little longer or requires a few more steps, and the end results is better, I have no problem there. And of course, cost verses free, in getting good results.

I am no cheap skate mind you, but I do like to know if I purchase some thing will it work and do a good job. I mean we are not talking thousands here, some of these programs cost is fairly cheap, what you could find in the couch, that dropped out of your pockets almost. I just hate that feeling after you order some thing and it finally arrives, you install it and it turns out crap. ha ha ha ha

Thanks.........Gunny

11. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

the best program that gives you the best video quality is DVDRebuilder Pro w/CCE. Now the program comes with a free encoder that does a great job but I prefer CCE!

and all the programs I bought.... I never had that feeling of:
    here are my programs:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  12. Gunny

Gunny Member

Hi Ihoe

Now that is what I call being serious. ha ha ha Holy cow, I thought I had a lot of programs. Do you ever have the occasion where one program interferes with another.? Question that pops up in my little brain is why have so many.? I mean it gets to a point where enough is enough. ha ha ha Is this really overkill.? Or you just want a program that will take care of any situation, no matter what. I get that feeling too. Would you call this the norm, for most people that are into this. If so I am dragging behind I guess. And here I thought I was on the side of overkill.

Thanks.......Gunny

13. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

photography and DVDs are my hobbies! I love having control over everything! You should see my cameras and lens'! I don't know what's the norm..... none of those programs interferes with any! they all work flawlessly! I have programs to do everything that I want to do.... so if one doesn't have an update and can't work properly..... then I move to the next one! AnyDVD and CloneDVD never let me down yet! But if I want the best quality around, then I use DVDRebuilder Pro with CCE. I still use Ripit4Me, too.

14. Gunny

Gunny Member

Those 2 are pretty much my hobbies too, although I have been spending a lot of time messing with computers. And I am making the switch from SLR to digital cameras now. Too bad too I have a lot of nice equipment too.

Well I agree with you on having all the different programs, I sort of feel that way too. You never can tell on some of these programs they might be here today and gone tomorrow. And sure enough a good movies comes up that I want and no program. I am going to give this DVDbuilder Pro a try. One thing they said in their promo, it is best to try the freebie, before you buy it, now that makes sense, I like their may of thinking. It will be just like a lot of them after you use it a few times, then it becomes second nature. Are they good about keeping it up dated.? It looks like there is a lot of learning to it, but if it is worth while no big deal. I appreciate you leading me on to these.

Thanks......Gunny

15. NytBurnr

NytBurnr Regular member

@Ihoe

If you use Any DVD and Clone, can you copy the DVD right to a file so that you can run it through DVD Remake Pro and DVD Rebuilder Pro?

16. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

of course, you can rip the DVD using AnyDVD by itself then use DVDRemake and/or DVDREbuilder! or you can run AnyDVD in the background and use CloneDVD to rip to hard drive but you wouldn't need DVDRebuilder then because it's already transcoded to a DVD5 unless you switch that to a DVD9!

17. NytBurnr

NytBurnr Regular member

@IHoe

Great! I was hoping that was the case. Any guide on that? I can not find anything but the settings. I had read that Any DVD "incorporated" a ripper, but I don't know how to use it. I must have missed something. On Clone, DVD9 was not one of the options. I am using the trial versions of both. That would not be a factor, would it?

Thanks,

NB

18. P2P2P

P2P2P Member

AnyDVD is what they call "on-the-fly" and removes encryption and the like. eg. annoying things in DVD's that can't be fast-forwarded.
    Clone (clonedvd) is the ripper which will create aburnable image on your HD.

19. catfreak

catfreak Active member

AnyDVD can be used as both a decrypter and a ripper . . .

20. NytBurnr

NytBurnr Regular member

@catfreak

Is the ripper in the Any DVD program, or the ripper CloneDVD?