1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone a PSP Genious?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by patipati, Sep 27, 2007.

1. patipati

patipati Member

Im sick and tired of trying to install any pandoras battery files or trying to downgrade my Firmware.

I have a "fat" PSP with Firmware 3.71 and I want to play downloaded games.I have a spare battery and a 2gb memory card. Everytime I try to open the Pandoras Firm Installer it says that Couldnt open game error 8002014C or something.
    Please dont say that look for old threads because I have and I wont get it to work.
    Could someone please try to solve my problem?
    Thank you

2. patipati

patipati Member

and yes Iam a n00b..

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

You need a psp that is already capable of running homebrew to make the battery-which is why you are getting that error-it wont work on official firmware 3.71..Sorry...

There are a few members here on the forum (myself included) who can make you a pandora battery and memory stick so you can downgrade your psp...I live in the US and I would just need the battery and memory stick you are wanting to be converted-and you would need to cover postage both ways...If you are in the UK or thereabouts, contact Shokz via PM (private message)-click on the link "compose private message" at the top of the page and send him a message...

4. patipati

patipati Member

Well How do you make the Pandoras Battery? Why wont i work on the 3.71 allthough There has been a 3.71 MEE release?

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

^^By using the pandora battery creator program?-which will only work on a psp that is already running 1.50 firmware or a custom OE, or M33 firmware..Not Official $ony 3.71 which you have-And yes, there is a 3.71M33 custom firmware-but you cant just install that on yours-you need to downgrade first-hence the need for pandora's battery...

6. patipati

patipati Member

wow now im confused :) So If I buy a pandoras battery will I be able to do all the needed changes to be able to play downloaded games? yes or no :)

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

You dont need to buy a pandora battery-You said you have a spare battery right? It just needs to be converted -but in order to convert the battery you need a psp that is currently running either 1.50 firmware, or one that has a custom OE or M33 firmware already installed..Thats the only way a normal battery can be converted into a pandora battery...

SO what you would need to do is find someone that has a psp already running a custom firmware to make a battery for you...Like I said earlier, I can make the battery and memory stick for you so you can downgrade your psp and play the downloaded games you desire..Or, another option is to send me your psp and I can downgrade and install the custom firmware for you for no charge-either way, just cover postage both ways...Let me know

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  8. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

YES! but follow dEEz_nUtz advise.
    I also suggest reading up on the tutorial.
    Also paying for a Pandora battery and stick is just not right. It was intended to be for free. If you do not have access to someone with a 1.50 or homebrew enabled PSP to create the Pandora then contact someone on this list close to you to help you for FREE!