1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone actually backed up a ps2 game CD without a modchip

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by TriffStar, Apr 1, 2005.

1. TriffStar

TriffStar Guest

You see I don't have a mod chip in my ps2 or a dvd rewriter, so has anyone backed up a ps2 game CD without the use of a modchip.
    I have tried many times to do this but it just doeant work.

I have a locked version of CDRWIN(i dunno wot good this does), and CloneCD.

If you have please tell me how. Also I think most ps2 games are now DVD's, so I guess I going to have to get a DVD rewriter.
    Can anyone help me out. THX.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

"Real" discs are pressed metal, mechanically made media. The presses are precise. Burning is a sloppy method to recreate the process, using dyes that can have pits and grooves "burned" into the chemical, making an illusion of how a "real" disc would look and work.

PS2 games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs.

So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/15105

3. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

If there were a way to play copied games without an exploit (modchip, fliptop, swapmagic, etc) dont you think everyone would be talking about it. Even more so dont you think Sony would fix that problem real fast. Either way, make the investment if you want to play burned games and buy a modchip (less headache, cheaper in the long run), or other exploit. Either pay the money for a mod, or buy your games on sale because those are your only options, as of now.

4. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

I remember with a V1 PS1 that I had I could copy games 1:1 and they would boot fine without gameshark, AR, or a mod chip. They fixed that problem real fast. lol

5. ihackedit

ihackedit Member

HAHA people my best friend gave me this cool hack file i just burn it on the dvd with the game and all my games work. I downloaded 4 games so far including GT4 and GTA: San Andreas, my couzin showed me how to use the hack tool and all those 4 games work with out a problem. Unfortunately he has not givin me permission to give you guys a link to the tool yet, but.. i will ask him again and ill post it up here as soon as i get permission. By the way you dont have to belive me about all I said, but im not bullshitting so its up to you to think what you want, anyways ill be back as soon as i get permission from my couzin.

6. ihackedit

ihackedit Member

Oh and by the way im using one of the first ps2's that came out. Got my on the 2nd day when it came out. Ill show you guys some pic's of it soon. I customized it, painetd it, and it doesent look liek the regulat rectangle ps2....lol....I totaly customized it. Im A Newbie to this site but in a while ill post links to some of the best helpful site links ever.

Oh And Who The Hell Is Using My Nick: Sandstorm. LOL

7. badgryph

badgryph Member

Hey if u are not full of BS, then your sitting on the most revolutionary bit of code ever!!!!! this is the kind of knowlage that demands that it be up loaded it would completly change the world of backups for the ps2! So with permition or not let it free to the internet, even if the code isnt perfect there arfe many code writers that could take a start like that and debug it in no time!
    So Plez if u ant BS'n us upload the code somewhere!

8. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

hmmm thats weird since GT4 cant even be burned yet.if youre gonna lie,at least make it believeable.

9. stoney316

stoney316 Member

yeah gt4 is over 5 gigg of data only way to do that is using a dual layer burner and discs (expensive)
    so i found it cheaper to get the orig.