1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have to turn off ANYDVD for some movies???

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Crazycro, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Crazycro

Crazycro Member

When I'm backing up some of my movies I realized that I have to exit anydvd. If I dont DVD shrink says there are to many sectors on the dvd. Once I EXIT ANYDVD it will read the DVD just fine. It also doesn't matter if it's a dvd5 or dvd9. Any one else seen this or know anything about it??
    I am using dvd shrink..

Thanks

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

What do you use AnyDVD for ?

DVD Shrink does the rip/unencrypt & compression.

3. Crazycro

Crazycro Member

I use it when the dvd's are dvd-5, with Roxio,s disc copier. If they are the smaller dvds then I can go from one rom to the other rom directly without srtipping any material. It works really well however there are still some dvd-5 movies that will not copy this way. It tells me there is an illegal track operation or something like that. But since ANYDVD automatically boots up with my computer it's already on when I use DVD SHRINK for the bigger movies. Then if for some reason dvd shrink doesn't like the dvd-9 it says the track is to big for this volume or something. As soon as I exit anydvd the error in DVD SHRINK goes away and I can continue encoding the movie.

Let me know if this helps??

4. koola

koola Guest

If your using AnyDVD to decrypt DVD's Crazycro, then use CloneDVD instead of DVD Shrink as AnyDVD does a better job with CloneDVD (its asif they were ment for each other).

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its not the size. Once its DVD-5 or less it depends on encryption on whether or not you can copy from disc to disc. For DVD-5, just use DVD Decrypter since its free and probably the best.

6. vietorisz

vietorisz Member

Do not use DVD Shrink together with AnyDvd because it causes a conflict between the decryption engines. AnyDvd has a safe mode or simply turn it off.