1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone familiar with sli sft ??I need help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kevin52, Feb 20, 2005.

1. kevin52

kevin52 Guest

I put the dvd in the drive now what do I do ???any help appreciated

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

sli sft?
    Lots of info missing,can you fill us in better?

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

kevin52

Um... Is that like Sly Software?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Yes,it probably is.But slysoft has AnyDvd,CloneDvd,CloneCd.My crystal ball is in for repairs, so I couldnt venture a guess LOL

5. kevin52

kevin52 Guest

yes that software the only thing i can do is play it on windows media i can`t see where it will down load it to. how long should it take for a 90 min mov to get it ready to cpy on a blank ??thanks

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

This one is too confusing for me.I still dont know what you have, and what your talking about.

I listed 3

You cant see where what, will download to? Are you talking, the program itself, or the movie files after ripping, and, or compressing?

All dvd programs depend on the size of the movie,amount of compression needed, and the specs of your pc,there is no set time.

7. kevin52

kevin52 Guest

I have any dvd downloaded I put the dvd in the drive but nothing happens what or where do i dwnld the movie to cpy it ?

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Are you talking about a movie downloaded off the net? or do you have the actual dvd.
    AnyDvd isnt a ripper by itself,it runs in the background and decrypts.Download dvd decrytpter, and dvd shrink(both free).Youll find both, under the software tab, on this site.And then read a few guides, on the use of both of these softwares.
    When you've done that, and your still having a problem,then come back, and post on this thread, what the problem is.
    good luck
    jD

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Um, I’m just going to just step out for a bit and get a comfortable chair, a couple of sandwiches, some popcorn, a candy bar and a case of soda with ice since I believe this ones going to be a long one!!! ;-)

Jim, can I get you anything while I'm out? <G>

10. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Yes,ScubaBud,how bout a beer or 6. LOL

11. kevin52

kevin52 Guest

ok i downld the dvd but i can`t cpy it to a blank disc,did dwlnld the decrypt and shrnk now it`s setting on my hd,it won`t dwnld onto a disc hmmm ????

12. kevin52

kevin52 Guest

ok i downld the dvd but i can`t cpy it to a blank disc,did dwlnld the decrypt and shrnk now it`s setting on my hd,it won`t dwnld onto a disc hmmm ????

13. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Does this mean you ripped the files to your hard drive? or you downloaded it off the net?
    I dont know what you used, I dont know what kinda files you have.
    Did you even look at any guides? try here:http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

You can rip your dvd, in dvd decrypter, or dvdshrink,compress as needed,have shrink create an iso that you can burn in dvd decrypter.

14. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you downloaded the movie from the internet it needs converted to proper dvd format before you burn it to a blank dvd. You can use DVD Santa or Nero Vision Express to do that kind of conversion.

If you mean you copied a dvd movie to your HD and now need to burn it to a blank dvd then you can use DVD Shrink to do that. Open Shrink, then click open files and browse to the saved files on your HD. Edit the movie if you want to and then use Decrypter or Nero to burn the final project. There are guides off the guide tab at the page top to help explain the process.

Jerry

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member