1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Had issues backing X-Men 2

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by elven_07, Jan 18, 2004.

1. elven_07

elven_07 Member

i used 50% Comprsssion on dvd shrink and got rid of the french & spanish. Burned using Pine 4x. At the part where gene is talking to wolverine in the mansion at the beginnign is goes blochty and audio messes up & at the part where wolverine comes in wwith the cigar with xavier it messes up same way. ANy body know what going on?

2. elven_07

elven_07 Member

Also whast wierd is it plays fine on my PC but not in the DVD player why?

3. brent1a

brent1a Member

Sounds like a minor incompatability with your disc and your dvd player. I would try to burn it again and if possible use a different brand of disc.

4. brent1a

brent1a Member

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

well, for one you used 50% compression, which is ALOT. Secondly, never heard of Pine media, might be a problem if its cheap.

6. elven_07

elven_07 Member

I dontt quite get what that auto shrink does

7. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i backed up this movie with no problem using memorex dvd+r 4x media and it plays well in almost all dvd players and computers. i used clone dvd, along with anydvd.

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I use packard bell -R & +R, with dvdx platinum. worked a treat. I suspect as previous posts that your media COULD be at fault, have you shut down all programs before you read & burn? What other software is installed that could corrupt burning by just being installed? I guess your DVD player could have playback issues also. My £80 Toshiba player will read back ups that my £270 Pioneer won't! Experimenting & patience is needed hear me thinks!

9. brent1a

brent1a Member

Elven....AutoShrinkISO, is a simple little GUI that combines DVD Shrink, and DVD Decrypter, as well as it has its own internal program that creates ISO's. I love it. You open AutoShrink, then hit start and it opens DVD Shrink, you shrink and after its finished it automatically creates an ISO with its own internal program. Then you can chose to have DVD Decprypter or Nero burn the disc. I use a Plextor 708a burner and Memorex DVD+R discs and use AutoShrink all the way thru brning with DVD Decrypter. So far I've got 100% success with playback on my Panasonic DVD-CP72S dvd player.

10. brent1a

brent1a Member

Also...I consider this a steal because all three programs are freeware, DVD X Copy which is basically the same but a little crappier, in my opinion, is anywhere from $50-$150.

11. Bardo-Man

Bardo-Man Member

NO Rip it ok and burnt with no probs