1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have evox blue bios problem with Matrix? Please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Yellowman, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Yellowman

Yellowman Member

Hello, I have bought the matrix chip for the Xbox. I flashed it with the EvoX.d.6.blue.bin and lined the matrix chip on the xbox and it light up green. So then I try it out and it worked for a day since it show the Blue X. Next day I try to play it and it didn't show the blue X at all and I check the mode I was on and I was on mode 2 which the matrix chip is always on. So I didn't know what happen. I reflash the chip again and it work for a day. Now today I turn it on and same thing happen it don't work. IM going to try to flash it again but this is a pain. Can you please let me know if my chip is bad or what. When its installed,its has the green light as it suppose too all this time but it work then don't work. Please help.

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

its an alignment issue... trust me it is.. i use the same bios and have yet to have any probs.. except once in awhile alignment issues..

3. prelude99

prelude99 Member

im with dank, never had any probs with my matrix trip with the blue bios. never had any alignment issues either after it's been installed tho

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

sounds like he's not getting the screw tight enough. this is a common issue on the first matrix you install. yes it's very easy to strip the plastic out but it's also an easy fix. i have the exact replacement screw size but not right here in front of me right now. it was 12 cents at the hardware store, i recommend anyone installing a matrix to use this bigger screw right from the start, it allows for a good tight connection and should eliminate the disalignment of the chip by slight bumps and things. i will edit this post and put up the exact screw size tomorrow._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Darthnip
    I want to get a kryponite cross so I can keep both Dracula AND Superman away.

Come Say Hi on IRC!!! Server: irc.emule-project.net channel: #ad_buddies

[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2003
  5. Bottz

Bottz Member

Whats up all, I have had similar problems with the Matrix chip, it seems to loose its flash bios. I do not believe that the chip is not tight enough. I had also changed the size of the screw that holds it in to a bigger one this did not help. I also noticed that I had problems on one system that I modified where the bios would work but only in mode 3. When put into mode 2, it worked for a while then the next day the chip needed to be flashed again. I had posted a few messages on the chip losing its bios, but not many others have seen this problem. Try putting the chip into mode three and see if that helps at all. I hope that this post was somewhat usefull.
    Good luck
    Bottz

6. Yellowman

Yellowman Member

Hi all thanks for the tip. As bottz describe that is the same problem I have and I try both mode 2 and 3 and didnt work. So then I try this... I change it to mode 1 and notice the chip wasnt align it turn red but when I switch to mode 2 or 3 it turn green which I thought it was align. So I switch it back to mode one and align it. This time I held it down as I change the mode to 2 and it worked. I will check again tonight when I get home but I think I must have bump it when I changed the switch to mode 2 or 3 which mis align it. If this happens again I will need to try the bigger screw. darthnip can you tell use the size you used. Also one thing if its not align right will the bios dissapear? Cus after reflashing it first time it work again then my second time I had problem I flashed again and it worked. But if this happen again the site that I bought it from said I return for an exchange... its just a pain :(

edit... the site also said that the dip switch could have slide to lose the mode setting. He said that could happen even though the dip switch seem tight. Just a heads up.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2003