1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have sanyo drw 1000 recorder? All I've had was problems

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by jbarth, Aug 29, 2004.

1. jbarth

jbarth Member

I first bought one in April 2004...was working great til it locked up when recording a vhs to dvd and the dvd player would not play anything or recognize any dvd. Then I took it back and got another one and this one seemed great but the finalization process that normal took 4 minutes was taking less than 2 minutes and every dvd that I have made on the new unit will not play on anything else but the ones I made on the first unit that broke will play on other things which leads me to believe something is wrong with the finalization process on this 2nd unit.
    Anyone had trouble with the Sanyo drw-100 dvd recorder/vhs combo unit?
    I'd love to hear from you.
    I am now looking into finding a better dvd recorder.

thanks,
    jill

2. coxie2

coxie2 Guest

I have recently purchased this model. I did have some problems at first and called the customer service helpline. They informed me that for some reason, the drw-1000 (dvd recorder) will not function properly using Memorex blanks. I switched to Maxell and do not seem to be having problems. Not sure if this helps. Good luck and would like to hear from you on any other info. you care to share.

3. dontplay

dontplay Member

Hi, I'm in the UK and I bought one of these from America, but I can't find an adapter to fit the plug because one of the 'prongs' is slightly wider than the other.

I was wondering, do you need a special adapter to use this in America? If so what kind of adapter should I be looking for? because I've bought an adapter for the usual type of US plug, but it just won't fit because of the wider prong. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  4. mdcross

mdcross Member

In the United States you do not need an adaptor to use this item. Lots of plugs here come with one prong bigger then the other. I hope this helps

5. gsr852

gsr852 Guest

I have had no problems with this unit except one. Anyone know why when I try to record a 2hr. program from vhs to dvd it will record for 1hr 56min and then it says disc full? I have it set to sp mode.