1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in the uk to pull a dvd key off a old motherboard?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by richietea, Sep 14, 2013.

1. richietea

richietea Regular member

Hi guys.I don't have any of the kit any more for Jtagging.Wondering if someone out there in the UK can extract the dvd key off an old motherboard i have laying around.It was given to me ages ago and is collecting dust.Phat hdmi i believe but not sure about the board type without dragging 4 tons of gear out from under the stairs.I think it was in use beforehand so my guessing is the dash is pretty much up to date within 6-9 months.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

That would mean you need to RGH it, which simply isn't worth it just for getting the DVD key, especially if you don't really know the history of that board. Could have had RROD(s) before or other damages. I woult throw it away, it's cheaper to get a working Xbox 360 off ebay.

3. richietea

richietea Regular member

Yep your probably right Eisherz,shame really as the pcb on the drive was all broken and no luck with jungleflasher detecting the drive at all.