1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in Uk got RROD with a flashed 360 and MS repaired it?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ziggi_83, Nov 29, 2007.

1. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Title..
    I havent got mine yet but it would be interesting to know if someone has got their 360 repaired even though the warranty is void because of it being flashed and wrent banned from live when they recieved it, only in the uk guys as the us seem to be more lucky with everything :)

2. glentot

glentot Member

im from uk, mine had RROD,flashed samsung drive, sent it to ms last 30/07/07, returned after 20 days brand new with manuf.date 08/07 but with benq hard drive (better). dont worry ms will replace it brand new.
    p.s.
    btw the new 360 they gave got the new and improve heat sink so no worries of overheating and RROD...i hope.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  3. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

so lucky we pay like twice as much for the console lol.

i was about to send mine in as the USB's are dead and the laser seems to be on its way out...

i know people have done it. im just going to revert my firmware to original and make sure my warranty sticker is where i found it... If they wanted to ban me i woudnt need to send it to them for it to happen

4. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

yes thats a point. im concerned i will send it and be giving an unflashable drive :(

5. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Pretty cool mate thanks.
    Dsdavis, Benq can be flashed btw

6. glentot

glentot Member

yup benq is flashable...btw is anybody using blackcats here? is the tracker down coz cant open the website. im a bit worried am i banned. post in other forum but no reply...

7. wabashman

wabashman Active member

BC is working fine for me.

8. colsamo4

colsamo4 Guest

My son had ring of death sent it for repair it was already flashed it came back flashed and he is still not banned from XBL

i sent mine back it was flashed they sent it back repaired unflashed and banned from XBL

it depends on the repair my DVD drive was knackered but on my sons it was his motherboard so they didnt touch his DVD drive.

mine has gone back for the second time as again i got ROD but this time its motherboard so should come back still flashed

9. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Yeah you should as long as there is no real signs of damage to the dvd drive
    thanks for the info mate

10. shauntay

shauntay Regular member

i sent mine off at the beginning of november, it was flashed and it was fine on live.

got it back 15 days later with a new hitatchi drive in but same console as i took a note of the serial number.

but now having problems connecting to live and xbox support cant even help me, been told i will need to send it back for it to be sorted, but not bothering as im gettin a ps3 to play online

11. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Shauntay
    yeah i just got an xbox 360 for my sister, and kinda for me, for Banjo 3 LOOL. Im playing offline games onxbox 360 and now and again when my friends who all have xbox 360's wanna play me i go on for a bit and smoke them.
    So i play Ps3 online, without having to worry about being banned :)

12. kroberson

kroberson Member

13. chopper18

chopper18 Member

HELLO PEOPLE DO YOU NO IF YOU CAN PLAY XBOX 1 GAMES ON XBOX 360 THANKS

14. tronads

tronads Member

I know of four machines that were flashed and have been sent back to MS for repair. Each one had their firmware restored to stock firmware and a good sticker re-applied to them. One was banned.
    All 4 came back no problems, the banned one came back as a new machine and a happy owner as he is now un-banned !

15. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

You can play xbox 1 games on a 360, but you must have a hard drive in order for the games to work.,