1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know how to delay an audio track besides brute force?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by princepr, Sep 13, 2004.

1. princepr

princepr Member

Is there a way to delay an audio track on a DVD just by editing some magical numbers in one of the DVD files, then burning them all back to another DVD?

Here's the problem - A friend made a DVD, all source files are now gone, so the DVD is all I've got. However, the audio track is slightly delayed by about 175ms. I want to change this value, but don't want to have to rip the whole dvd, recreate the menus and recompress everything back to another DVD, of course losing quality in the process. Is there a lossless way to accomplish such a thing?

Thanks for any help!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes of Cource...You will Have to rip the DVD and re-author it but there will be no quality loss as long as you aren"t use one of those Crappy DVD authoring program that allways re-encodes like Nero Vision Express....

What would be easiest is to Rip the Vob files as a single M2V Video file and a Dolby Digital AC3 audio file (That is if you use Dolby AC3 as your Audio format) you can rip your DVD as seperate audio/Video files useing Smartripper or DVD decryptor...

After you have ripped the DVD as seperate audio/Video files you use a simple freeware Tool called "AC3 Delay Corrector" which you can use to add some silence at the beginning of the AC3 audio file or to cut some off depending if you want to advance the audio or delay the audio....And then author the audio and Video to DVD...

The other way would be to Use "Womble Mpeg2VCR" which has a "Multiplexor" that has the Option to advance the audio or delay the audio so you can sync it with the Video and once you have it synced you would Mux them together and then author the File to a DVD....

Either way will Work accept the first way will only work with Dolby AC3 audio and the other way will work with all audio formats and there will be no loss in Video quality...I have had to do this a few times my self and it was never a problem to Fix ....

Cheers