1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone know how to fit a movie longer than 1hr20 mins on a cdr

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by tk187, Jul 25, 2007.

1. tk187

tk187 Guest

Mods forgive me if this is in the wrong place please be kind and place it in the right section

anyway my question is how do i make a movie that will play in my home dvd player but is longer than 1hr20min i ask this because i once downloaded a disc image of the narnia movie and burned it straight to disc and it was the full movie and it played in my dvd player and that movie is longer than 2hrs on it was on a standard 80min cdr so any thoughts on how that was accomplished please explain in full thanks to any help i get
    or drop me a line at my email please
    tk187g@aol.com

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Probably it was an XVCD. No guarantee that such discs will play on all DVD players though. Better to use a DVDR, they are around the same price as a CDR anyway.

If you want to do it, do a search for KVCD. Basically it is an MPEG matrix designed for low bitrates.

3. onya

onya Guest

Firstly tk187, welcome to AfterDawn. SECONDLY don't post your email address in the forums. It's against the rules and OTHERS may troll the net for this info and give you more info on Penis Enlargements etc than you wish...this can be confusing to females also.

If that 'aint bad enough, the Mods might make their own ADJUSTMENTS... lol

When it comes to downloading ANYTHING AT ALL, don't tell us from where or how you got the files, just let us know WHAT files you have. This way we avoid the "PIRACY" thingy.

ANY movie that is of the length of NARNIA that is available on a CD...isn't worth a damn in my opinion. To make a back up of this movie correctly to a DVD-5 requires it to be "movie only". AnyDVD will rip it as you need, and DVD Shrink will do a good job of re-encoding etc. DVD Shrink is freeware and does the same job as CloneDVD......some say as well some say better...

CloneDVD isn't a freeware app, but IS worth the initial outlay. Clone is made by SLYSOFT the makers of AnyDVD, these work VERY WELL together. (not surprising is it?)

So to re-cap...you need a Decrypter to get around the disc nasties that prevent you from doing so, and to RIP the info to your Hard Disc Drive. Once the files have been RIPPED then all thats left is to "backup" the info. Please refer to AnyDVD and CloneDVD respectfully.

What files do you have that you want to CONVERT to a DVD compliant format? Most files that you suggest come in AVI format, and so need to be converted.