1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know how to make ps2 backups without fliptop, swap, or mod?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by hog45177, Dec 30, 2004.

1. hog45177

hog45177 Member

I'm a little knew at this type of thing.....but not a newbie. I guess you could say I'm a newbie with copying game console disks but not with dvd writing and such. I've heard all over the net that you always have to have a mod or something that does the same function as a mod. With my knowlege of DVD burning and computers, I reasoned that there has to be a way to make a copy that can be played without the mod ect. Does anyone know how that would be done? Again, I'm almost positive it can be done....somehow. I tried to create an ISO from DVD Decrypter because I hear that's a good program and it's what I use for DVD movies. I put it in the ps2 once it burned and it said please put in a disk that is ps2 format or something like that. I know on Xbox, the data is written differently so backups are harder, but people still do that so does anyone know if there is a way? If so, how? I'm willing to learn.

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

The very center of PS2 originals has $ony data on it. Blank DVD-R's and such have this section already written on, and DVD burners will not write in this area anyway. If you can get some pristine blank DVD-R's and write your own driver for your burner, or buy a commercial version burner, then you have way too much time/money on your hands, and you MIGHT be able to make exact duplicates of the originals.

A Modchip or Swapdisc is a way to get around this problem.

FYI, the Swapmagic discs that you read about? The mfr. is using CrazyTaxi's data to get their disc to boot. This means two things: 1. You will NEVER be able to play a backup of CrazyTaxi using SwapMagic, and 2. They have commercial version blank discs and burners to write to the center of the disc.

Summary: Much effort has been expended over the last several years, and great accomplishments have been made. However, the average PS2 owner will never be able to make EXACT copies of originals that can be booted on an unmodded box.

Sorry for the letdown.

3. bryanrotg

bryanrotg Member

Hey you can always STEAL

4. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

Very insightful, bryanrotg! Maybe you could spend a little less time on the sig montage, and more on your response, and your presence here would be appreciated.

5. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

swap magic disc only cost $20, and the slide card is only $8, a DVD burner probably costs $60 on ebay for a good one, and a $21.99 gamepass at blockbuster.
    No stealing see and u can get all the games u want.

6. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

stealings better....thats to much money to get to much effort, you can get all the games you want for free with out paying that crap

7. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

this thread is closed, jeez.

8. TheLegace

TheLegace Member

i know this thread is closed but there is a way, there is a new memory card exploit tutorial... I will post it.