1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone know of a complete PS2 DVD9 to DVD5 guide...??????

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by madmax69, Oct 18, 2004.

1. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Every thread I have read here mentions the guide on
    http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~cbjull/ but that one admittedly has a flaw in that there are media checks..and the disc will freeze..I know there is something called dvdscan which is supposed to help this issue but don't know how it would come in to play with the above guide...Can anyone tell me of a complete guide that adresses the media check issue??. Any help is much appreciated...oh and I have a modded PS2 with magic 5..

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

is it a guide for a certain game your after or just a general guide

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It is talking about putting multiple games on Dvd and so forth,not really a good Dvd9 to Dvd5 tutorial.It is just really a way to rip a game to cd-r,and then make it Dvd that way if you want to.The Dvd9 games normally you can find the files to edit them off swapmagicfix.com along with tutorials off of http://www.alucard.cc ,bad thing is that you have to register to this site.Hope this helps out,alucard.cc is a good site for ripping Dvd9 games to Dvd5.

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

6. madmax69

madmax69 Member

I appreciate you guys help.....I am trying to succesfully get a dvd9 on two dvd5 discs...I don'tknow what rip kits are and what they do....but whatever way works is what I will go with...At this point the only dvd9 games I have are Metal Gear Solid 2 and champions of norrath . Did anybody get a look at that tutorial I mentioned in my first post...what do you guys think of it....is something missing...etc ??? I was really wondering how to adress the media check issue he mentions that may cause the disk to freeze...

7. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

It is a good guide you can use apache or dvdscan to check for disc checks both can be found at http://ps2ownz.com in the utilities section.

I think i quallify for junior member now :)
    Please