1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know the maker of this?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by TurboB18C, Dec 10, 2004.

1. TurboB18C

TurboB18C Member

Hello all,
    This disk in question is a verbatim brand, DVD+R with a disc ID:MKM-001-00 speeds 2.4x and 4.0x. They have been perfect so far.

P.S. Memorex branded CMC disks are indeed absolute rubbish, 14 out of 25 had failed to work, jittery picture or poor dye (sloppy like a 2y/o painted it).

2. tomripley

tomripley Member

MKM = Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, which is the parent company of Verbatim. MKM in turn is a part of Mitsubishi Chemicals Corporation, which is why Verbatim media also uses the MCC id.

However, Verbatim outsources a lot of their production to OEM partners, so the media id in itself does not mean that it has been produced in a factory owned by Mitsubishi.

Look at the packaging - if it says made in Taiwan or India it has been produced by CMC and Moser Baer respectively. If it's made in Singapore or Japan it has been produced in one of Mitsubishis factories. As long as the discs work I don't think it matters, but feel free to disagree.

And finally, out of curiosity, are your Verbatims doublelayer discs? The media id would seem to indicate so, at least based on what I could find.

3. TurboB18C

TurboB18C Member

Ah thanks for the info. The box says made in Singapore and yes, they are dual layer. No compression needed for my fancy pants LOTR DVD's that I spent a bundle on. The copies look much better than if I used 4.7gb discs.

I also think they're great for movies like "Brotherhood of the Wolf" where I want to keep all the languages and subtitles since it was originally shot in French. So I like to switch back and forth.