1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone know what program opens .BIN?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by warr121, Dec 19, 2004.

1. warr121

warr121 Guest

Hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone know what program opens a .BIN file that has a movie in it. I was downloading movies and have come across this movie file called .BIN and .CUE, any suggestions

Thank you

2. towell

towell Member

Hello 'Warr121',

A 'bin' file is an image file. Most bin files come with 'cue' files. These cue files are used to burn the image to disk. the 'cue' file is usally very small and just contains information about the image(bin) file.

If you only require to watch the movie on your PC then I would recomend using 'Zoom Player'.

If you wish to watch the svcd/vcd on your portable DVD player then burn the Bin file to disk using a burning program i.e. Nero, Easy CD/DVD creator, Alcahol 120%.

Also the 'bin' file can be mounted to an Virtual drive using software like Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% etc.
    This basically acts as if the image file has been burned to disk and is sitting in your CD/DVD-ROM drive being played.

Also there's one more alternitive.... You can extract the mpeg(dat) file from the image (bin) file.
    To do you this you need a program called ISO buster, this is usefull when you want to convert that video to DVD to watch on a portable DVD player.

Good luck! hope this helps!

3. filter123

filter123 Member

Can you please give me the link for the ZOOM PLAYER,

cos as u said its the best ....

thanks..