1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know what software to use with MAC? Please help.

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by JTMAN, Feb 6, 2005.

1. JTMAN

JTMAN Member

OK, here is my question. I know how to burn dvds with dvd decryter and dvd shrink. I have a friend who has a MAC and he wants to burn too. What software is the equivilent to dvd decrypter and dvd shrink for mac? Or is there a d-load for mac for the same program? If anyone can help me i would apprecieate it. Thanks.

2. vantrells

vantrells Member

at the top of the mac forum, the "mediaguru" person has a really good thread about ripping, compressing and burning with a mac. currently i use mactheripper 2.6.3 (rip) -- dvd2one(compress) -- and toast (burn). i have run into problems with dvd2one compressing disks using ARccOS. (the forgotten, little black book) for these i had to use mactheripper and popcorn. popcorn will compress and burn all together but it is kind of slow when it compresses but it does a really good job. so if your friend has to buy software i would just go with popcorn which i think is like $30-40. i really don't know of any compression software for a mac that is free like shrink. does anyone know of any?

3. Londor

Londor Guest

Download the latest version 1.4.2 (free upgrade).
    http://www.dvd2one.com/index.php

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2005