1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know where I can get some good cheap Dvd+r media?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Quadratic, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I'm sorry if this is off-topic, but I couldn't find a forum just like "dedicated" to dvd+r in general (don't think there is one).

I've been going to my local Walgreens and picking up TDK DVD+R for making backups for my xbox, but they are like 5 for $12.00. Does anyone know where I can get some for cheaper? It can be more, like 25 or a 50 pack.

Josh

2. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Thanks guys :)

5. na_tra

na_tra Member

Go to this website www.meritline.com
    I bought 50 DVD+RW for $17.99 after $15 rebate. Offer ends 12/31/04.

6. crftyldy

crftyldy Guest

Try PriceWatch.com, I've been buying my dvds there. So far only been paying about $17.00 for 100 count. Sometimes get free shipping using by typing "PRICEWATCH" in the message box when ordering.

7. TuVan

TuVan Member

watch out for all the cheap DVD-R, what DVD burner you had?

8. crftyldy

crftyldy Guest

My dvd burner is a Lite-On, and I also have an Emerson dvd recorder for my television. I've never had any problems with the dvds that I've bought from PriceWatch.

9. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Actually Quadratic, as a member I would thought you might have seen the "DVD-R Media Forum" -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/47

It might have been better there - the only thing they talk about is media - BUT it's only a guess, and I've been wrong before -

You get what you pay for Newbie - we're supposed to help pple here not have them buy crap that is good for only thing, Coasters either now OR in 8 months -

We all know that data, music and video backups on CD's and DVD's will last forever, well, if not forever for at least 100 yrs or so - That's what we've read and I believed and that's why we backup our treasures to disc, so that they'll be safe. "BLAaaaT" (the bone chilling sound of an emergency air horn), Wrong, Dead Wrong ! Don't throw the originals away, you may very well need them. Your video camera tapes and family picture CD's and DVD's, may not be there the next time you want to look at them. "Point of fact," inferior discs have a tendency to "Break down]" in time. In a very short time, we're talking disc can breakdown in less than a single year, in as little as 6 to 8 months.

This article was written about CD discs but DVD discs are exactly the same. I was miss-informed and this opened my eyes. Perhaps you'll find it as important as I did.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/story.jsp?story=513486

Might I suggest that you look in the Newbie's Forum where quality media is mentioned about 100 times -

DogBomb already gave you a good lead - a wise person would listen to experience -

Pete

Happy New Year all -

11. pnbalaji

pnbalaji Member

Hi,

I always get blank DVD+Rs(Sonic brand) from www.shop4tech.com and never had problems with a single disc. Got 200 DVDs for 54$(A bonus of 5 DVD+RW also).

Thanks,
    Balaji.