1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone one backup El Cantante yet?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jjevans, Oct 30, 2007.

1. jjevans

jjevans Member

DVD Fab and Ripie4me failed. Havoc 2 gave me the same type of problems a few weeks ago.

2. buckstalk

buckstalk Guest

yes, i backed my copy up using DVDFab Platinum..

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What error message are you getting?
    Using the latest DVDFab?
    There's also a beta out too you might want to try - 4.0.0.0

I used AnyDVD & Clonedvd.

4. jusrhymz

jusrhymz Guest

I can't back up mine either and I used ripit4me and dvd decrypter.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried the beta version of DVDFab HD Decrypter that Binkie so kindly provided a link for?

6. jusrhymz

jusrhymz Guest

Thanks guys I am trying it right now as we speak. I notice my problem is that the file is ripped to my harddrive but when I try to burn it to a disc it doesnt do anything. Lets wait and see.

7. binkie7

Ok - keep us posted.
    If the burns fails give us the details - like the error and if using Nero post the log.

8. fher

fher Guest

i ve tried too but ripit4me and dvd fab failed too ...

let me try with newest dvd fab...

Cheers !!!

9. fher

fher Guest

Dvd FAB HD Decrypter Rules !!!

problem is gone !!!

Thnkx a lot for Info.

now i'm gona search the full version :p

... one thing more, el cantante is being ripped in dvd 9 mode.
    once without locks, im gona use the shrink to compressit i guess.

:) Cheers :)

10. jusrhymz

jusrhymz Guest

IT WORKED the link worked and it burned perfectly.

Guys you are the greatest in the world.

Instead of invading Iraq we need a president who will invade your country and steal your brilliant minds because even if oil hits 1000 a barrel, it still won't equal your value to non tecky people like me.

peace

11. binkie7

@fher
    Yep now just use Shrink to 'shrink' it. DVDFab HD Decrypter doesn't compress or burn - buy hey it's free :)

@jusrhymz & fher
    You're welcome! Glad to help :)

12. MR62167

MR62167 Member

I've been trying to back up my original disc too with no luck. DVDShrink will not open it. Ripit4me can't do it and I've just downloaded the latest beta for DVDFab and still nothing. I'll have to keep playing with it and see what happens. I'll post again in alittle while. :-(

13. jjevans

jjevans Member

I've tried the newest DVDFabPlatinum and DVDFabHD and it still won't rip it, just shuts down after a few mins. AnyDVD works but still can't rip the whole movie without out shrinking it combining AnyDVD and DVD Shrink.

14. binkie7

Give the combo of AnyDVD and CloneDVD a go - both have a 21 day free and handled this w/o an issue.

15. MR62167

MR62167 Member

I downloaded the trial of AnyDVD and tried using it with DVDShrink but it didn't work. I still received the invalide DVD structure error message. I tried Ripit4me again only because I didn't remember what went wrong there and what it says is "NOTE: Trapped OnAutoPlay" and when I try to continue it gives me a debug error and closes out. Here's the kicker, when I try to play the movie on the computer, it doesn't play. I look at the files on the DVD and there aren't any IFO files....there isn't even a folder called Video/TS. There's an audio but not video. I watched the movie last night from my DVD player and it played just fine. Binkie7, I'll try your suggestion and download CloneDVD. I'll write back later with any results.

16. binkie7

Hopefully that will do the trick - it did for me.
    Keep us posted.

17. MR62167

MR62167 Member

I was FINALLY able to fix the problem or rather copy the original CD. I downloaded CloneDVD as binkie7 suggested. Rebooted the computer like you're supposed to do. Stuck the original CD in and AnyDVD did it's thing. Than I opened up CloneDVD. I ripped the CD using AnyDVD with CloneDVD open. I went to CloneDVD and tried all their 3 main buttons. (Maybe I just don't understand how it works)I selected the Video_TS folder and it didn't detect anything. Nothing came up. With the other two programs opened, I opened up DVD Shrink and opened up the file Video_TS on the hard drive and it opened. I was able to burn a copy to a cd.

Thanks for your help. :)

18. binkie7

You're welcome!
    Glad to here you got it backed up.

You should be able to open the video_ts folder in CloneDVD too. You don't need the other programs running when ripping w/ AnyDVD btw.

Here's a pic that may help - either to find the video_ts or if reading from a drive you would just click the video_ts folder listed on the drive the disc is in (hope this makes sense!).

[​IMG]

19. MR62167

MR62167 Member

binkie7...that's the weird part about the original DVD. I couldn't find the Video_TS folder on it. I even looked in the sub folders for it. The Audio_TS folder was there but not the Video_TS folder.

Comparing the original with the copy...the copy shows the Video_TS folder. The original does not. There was something in ripping the DVD to the hard drive that created a Video_TS folder. Is that possible? Otherwise, I don't know how to explain it.

20. binkie7

Yes that would be possible. It's weird though that you couldn't find the video_ts folder with the original. I usually don't rip 1st - just find the video_ts w/ Clone or whatever program I'm using
    This one does have some of the newer copy protection on it.
    Is AnyDVD up to date? If it isn't that might be why (?).
    The latest is 6.1.9.3.