1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone own a JVC GR-D72U

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by DarkFire5, Apr 21, 2005.

1. DarkFire5

DarkFire5 Member

I got one off ebay but it didnt come with a manual.
    So im not sure how to use everything.
    Anybody know how I can get the picture to display on the viewfinder instead of the LCD?
    Putting the switch to Auto or Manual with the lcd closed doesnt do it.

2. emlarge

emlarge Member

There is a setting in in the menu under 'System' (7th option down, looks like a magenta movie camera with a question mark on it) called 'Priority'. You can toggle this between LCD and Finder. Set this to Finder to have the camera default to the viewfinder instead of the LCD.

Also, if you prefer to have you camera default to LCD but would like to use the viewfinder on occasion without having to go through the hassle of the menu screens, there's a way to do that too. Just leave the priority setting to LCD, close the LCD and then just pull the viewfinder out to activate it (it retracts about an inch out from the camera). Note that the LCD screen has to be closed for that to work.

If you don't have the instructions it can be difficult to figure out how to use the menu screens. It took me about 30 minutes of fiddling with the demo in the store before a clerk came over and showed me how (I think they were afraid I'd break it if I kept at it much longer!). You have to press in on the 'Menu/Vol.' scroll wheel to pull up the menu screen, then just scroll through the options and press it again to select an option.

Hope this helps, God bless!

3. DarkFire5

DarkFire5 Member

Wow I feel like a dork, I didnt know the viewfinder can be pulled out. I was only expecting it to swivel up or down (which it doesnt do).
    Thanks that helped a lot. Now I dont feel like I got ripped off.