1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Rebuild An EA Game Yet?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by FreeGamer, May 2, 2005.

1. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ok I have been asking this for like a year HAS ANYONE rebuilt an EA game and got it to work??!?!? If so let me know how!! Cuz everytime I do it they just boot up a black screen

2. kocher

kocher Regular member

what game r u trying to rebuild? i have used dvd decrypter on fight night round 2, madden 05 and need for speed uground 2 w/o rebuilding and all worked fine.

3. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

yep got lots of EA game backups. sometimes the sound can go a little funny in the backup, but haven't noticed anything wrong with the gameplay.
    most have been done by just copying iso to harddrive with dvddecrypter - then burned using ritek g05 dye discs on NEro reloaded at 8 speed on my NEC ND3520A ... sometimes when I tried to backup with a lower speed I got the blank screen too, so now I always backup at 8 speed and they're fine now.
    Sometimes it's a matter of trial and error, just try backing up at a lower speed and if that doesn't work for you then try a higher speed.. if they're still not working then it could be the media you are using or maybe your dvd burner... could be anything really as you didn't give any details about what you're using?

good luck

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You havent even been a member 3 months yet?
    FIFA street and nba streetv3 needs to be re-built.
    Use the 'star wars battlefront' re-build method.
    Not the short nero only re-build method.

Also for me newer games run better on +r discs.
    (All my games NOW are on +r discs ONLY)
    Something must be wrong if you have a newer version and cant get +r to work.

[​IMG]

Maxell are normally good media.(If they are not fakes.)
    but i use Verbatim OR fujiflim +r at 2x and dont have any problems.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

5. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ok!! I said a year because I never get answers! No I'm not mad...I just want help BAD!! Ok put it this way!! I have tried using BOTH rebuild methods!! They rebuild and then when go to boot black screen1!! I HAVE NO PROBLEM BURNING THEM REGULAR!! and for some reason it is only like regular ea sport games not like eabig and crap..cuz i know i had to rebuild nba street...so does anyone one why when i rebuild a ea sport game nothing but blavck screen shows!! and i knbow im doing right cuz i rebuild ALL my games

6. kocher

kocher Regular member

what version is ur ps2?

7. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

I'm not really that sure what version, how can I check?

8. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

You may need to make sure your LBA is correct on your rebuilt game. Can't really help ya, as i play all my backups off my HD.

9. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Simple your using swap magic and you havent patched those ea games.

AND STOP EXAGGERATING :)

10. Ben_32

Ben_32 Member

hey i tried need for speed 2 and madden 05 and they both didnt work with decrypter but both worked when i did a copy dvd with nero. what is rebuilding and how do you know when to use it? or is that just for people without a mod chip?

11. OOGAWOOGA

OOGAWOOGA Guest

is the purpose of rebuilding a game is to make the game a smaller size?

12. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Not really,rebuilding games can be for other reasons also,to make a multi game disc or even convert Cd to Dvd.I know Knockout Kings 2002 is an old game,but recently I put it on Dvd and it works like a charm(got tired of playing the game on cd,straining my laser so I said screw it and put it on Dvd).It isn't an easy task though to convert from Cd to Dvd,but you have to rebuild alot of EA games.If you are converting from Cd to Dvd with any game you have to rebuild.The location of the files is also an important factor like malcdogg mentioned.You might hear some people say the location of the files isn't important,but this is wrong.What you need to do is go back and fix the LBA paths,using IsoBuster look at the LBA of the PS2 disc you are trying to backup.Then just go back and input the LBA from IsoBuster into Sony Cd/Dvd Gen when you rebuild.To be honest the best patcher out is the C.M.P. Patcher v1.1 made by Sonix.You will find some games that don't have patches made for them,but it doesn't happen very often.The other patches can be found on alot of places,like http://www.eurasia.nu and http://www.ps2-scene.org .Try to stay away from ps2nfo.com if you can,they really are not worth it.

13. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

I have just searched all three sites everyone listed! No patches for EA MVP 2005 or any EA Sport game...I need to have my EA games rebuilt really bad! they run SLOW...I don't get why noting but black screen shows when I rebuild only EA Sports

14. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

15. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The C.M.P. Patcher v1.1 program can be found at http://www.backuptools.co.uk .This is a GUI patching program up to date at the moment,the best you will find as for GUI.Some games need to have patches made,this is alot harder and is probably easier to find already made patches.You can make patches with the old Apache the very first one.You have to use the DvdScan program contained in it,and it also is a pretty usefull utility.

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Oh another site to check out for pretty much any dvd rip kit is http://www.alucard.cc or also known as PS2ModsParadise.This site is awesome when it comes to fixing PS2 games and supplies alot of very good tools also.I don't really know why I didn't add this site to my last post,but check it out.They have alot of game fixes on there,make sure to check the database for ripkits and tools.