1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone succesfully copied need for speed ug 2?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by maxisneil, Dec 16, 2004.

1. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

hey, has anyone burned nfs ug 2? iv copied a few using dvd decrypter and toast titanium with taiyo yudens at 2x but during races they all seem to have to load the track a few times, its really annoying :( can anyone tell help me out?

thank you

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Mine works fine, used Alcohol 120% to burn it on Datawrite 4x DVD+R.

3. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

did you burn disk to disk or disk to hd, hd to disk?

thanks

4. alcatel

alcatel Guest

i always burn first to hd and then on dvd

5. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I use alcohol 120% to create an .iso image of the game on my pc hard drive, then again use alcohol 120% to burn the .iso file to CD/DVD.

6. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

i just made a copy with alcohol 120% and havin the exact same problem, the only thing i can think is that i used the same iso. for all of them so maybe it was a bad iso. or that it was my disks but there taiyo yuden so i doubt it

7. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Could always be a bad batch of discs. Have you got a mate with another chipped PS2 that you could try one of your burnt discs on?

8. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

doubt its the disks because i tried two types, weah i could try a mates, i might just either copy it again and also put it on a -r disk, the -r might work better on my ps2, how come you alcohol and not dvd decrypter to back up your games

9. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Dont know really, just have always used it and have never had a reason to use anything else.

10. radiofree

radiofree Member

A couple of questions here (and some answers)...

Have you had success with all your other backups and only had problems with nfs2? If yes then you might consider a different media or try ripping it again to get a better read.

If you also had problems with your other rips/backups then you might have your problem with your ps2 itself. I have an old ps2 and my backups always played horribly until I heard about adjusting the laser. That solved my problem 100%, and even GTA:SA, which people all say is a difficult burn, played beautifully on my loved and unfortunately abused system (v4:GT edition). This isn't a cureall for everyone but it seemed to work pretty well as a last resort fix for me...I think Sony didn't really count on this type of service life from these machines.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  11. kenny2560

kenny2560 Member

i burnt a copy of underground perfect.no problems. used dvd decrypter and burnt onto a tdk -r 1x-8x at 2.4x speed. i have swap magic and slide card. i tried burning on same media but 1-4x and it didnt work so im gonna stick with the 1-8x

12. radiofree

radiofree Member

This may be deviating from the original post, but does anyone else see a correlation between burn speeds and media type? I have a Sony DRU-510a and I can't get, in regards to this game, my drive to burn it at anything less than 2x. I always heard burning at 1x is optimal in regards to these situations of burning massive games that use maximum disk space.

13. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

radiofree: no this is the first time its happened, iv used ty's and verbatim but im gonna burn again but make a new iso. first and see how it comes out, if that still dosen't work i'll put it on a dvd-r but i hope it its the same for -r because if its not my ps2 works better for -r and i just gotten a hundred ty's +r and don wanna have to buy some -r's

14. radiofree

radiofree Member

I think your +r's are just fine...I always use the Ritek +r and I think it is the most stable of all the media. I may be wrong here, but I think I remember seeing something somewhere saying that the PS2 is a primarily +r reader first. I don't even know if that is accurate way of putting it...

sounds like it might just be the burn...if you see other massive games or potentially poor-burned games not working too well you can try adjusting the laser. That worked for me when I started seeing the same problem - simple solution is just to rip again though and try that.

15. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

no problem with mine I use maxell dvd + r