1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Successfully backed up Onimusha:Blade Warriors???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by manila555, Mar 26, 2004.

1. manila555

manila555 Member

Has anyone backed up Onimusha Blade Warriors and have it working using a flip top and swap magic discs???

If so what program did you use??? dvd decrypter, Alcohol 120%, or nero???

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am having the same problems getting this game to work with swap magic.I can get a little ways into the game but not to the start screen it just freezes.This might mean a new cdloader could be available or either a fix for it.I know I burned the game right.I used Nero to burn the game and have never had problems with it before so I know my program is good.I looked at the disc I used and that is good no scratches or waves running through it so that can't be it.

3. mr_nasty

mr_nasty Member

I burnt it no problems. It works fine, using dvd decrypter and such. I have a flip and smd's

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

What version of PS2 did you back it up with,because I have a V7 and it double checks the disc.I was wondering do you have a older PS2 or a V7 an up.I can get the game to work for a lil bit a message pops up about saving for the memory card.Then after that it shows the intro to the game.Then goes straight to the please insert a PS2 disc screen.

5. manila555

manila555 Member

YAY! i got mine to work. The problem that i was experiencing is, my hard drive's File System is a FAT32 which means it cannot have files bigger than 4gigs.

Onimusha Blade Warriors is 4.3 gigs big, and when you rip the game to your hard drive using dvd decrypter, it makes seperates the file.

So i converted my Hard Drive to a NTFS which can hold more than 4 gigs and then when i ripped the game to my hard drive it just kept it as 1 ISO file. Then i burnt it and BANG! it works with no problems.

I have a version 1 PS2(got it the day it came out) with fliptop SMD. Hope this helps

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The bad thing is that I have my harddrive set to NTFS and I backed up alot of games over 4gig including movies by making the iso and burning it.I am thinking this is gonna be hard on V7 users is what I am thinking.I guess this game needs a V7 cdloader maybe newer build since I already tried the 5v3 no pin on it.

7. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

yo L did you tried that cdloader v7_special loader.. its the one that was design for freedom fighters and s.w.a.t. thats the latest one i heard of.

8. daBoy

daBoy Member

Jdilla, have you made a successful copy of this game yet??

9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nah it didn't work just tried it.I think it might have to be fixed for V7 or either needs a newer build of cdloader.I will keep trying to get it to work.I will report anything new on it if any success.

Peace L-Burna

10. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

nah i dont have this game, but im just throwing ideas out to you guys see if you guys can fix it. hey L burna have you tried that "swap magic dvd3.0??" some guy have posted something like that i tried it, but it didnt work for my v7, see if it works with you v7, since the guy saids that the guy that made it has a v7 himself, its suppose to fix problematic games, for example games that need cdloader, or games that playback messed up.

11. daBoy

daBoy Member

L-Burna you are right, tried it on a V7, froze on a black screen after showing the intro. Have you tried all the versions of cd loader yet? PS2Ownz is not accessible now, hopefully they or swapmagicfix will have the answer soon.

12. Semitris

Semitris Member

I'd like to ask, if I backup this game up with DVD Decrypter and burn it will it work on my modded Version 7 SCPH-39001 with a magic 3.1 modchip? I'm a bit new to all of this so if you could lend me a hand, I just got confused when you said the Version 7 double checks. Does the double check only mess up swap disk usage or does it also apply to modchips?

13. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

I burned the game using Record Now Max successfully. I have a V4 No solder using Swap Magic discs and all I do is a normal DVD boot method. I dont have to use CD Loader on my system. The only bad thing is the game loads damn slow in between scenes durying the story mode but maybe its because I didnt burn the game at 1X. Oh Ya did I forget to mention that THIS GAME FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up nothing new it still freezes might try to fix it myself using cd/dvd gen maybe I can get it to work doing it this way.I am not sure Semitris it might need some sort of patch for it if you have a modchip and a V7.Hey sideshow try using RecordNow!Deluxe 6.5 and burn it at 1X and it should fix your problem,and the good thing about a V7 over a V4 is the cause of slow loading for games.We might have to use cdloaders to get certain games to boot up but once it is done getting the game to work the game moves alot quicker than older systems such as a V1-6.Hey daBoy I tried every cdloader out and none of them work.

Peace L-Burna

15. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Yes, its just a matter of burning the game at a slower speed which will solve the slow loading. V4's have weak lasers also so I'm patiently waiting for my laser to go out so I can replace it with a strong laser.

16. menehune

menehune Member

I tried the original DVD on my mod console (V7). It got passed the introductory screen (with motion-like pictures). After that, it would not recognize the disc. It appeared there was a check for the presence of modchip.

17. makkena

makkena Member

HELLO, just wanted to offer some more info to the discussion. I too have tried to backup this one. I have a v10 and using flip top, FUJI and MEMOREX DVD-R, burning with Alcohol and DVD Decrypter at 2X, I have tried everyone of the versions on the DVDloader and CDloader (all versions) so far, the last one on the bottom of the list (i think it's the v7 beta 7) gets the farthest in the game before freezing. It goes like this, using the v7 beta 7; game loads, checks for memory card, then you see the pink border, wait for about 10 seconds, then it loads, then you see the intro movie, then the pink border again, then after 10 seconds, then it loads to the main menu, then you pick you character and start, then when it says "Now loading" then it freezes (no pink border) I'm guessing that this game has some kind of 3rd check, the cdloaders and dvdloaders can only clear 2 checks.