1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone that did NOT get banned today?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Brodde, May 18, 2007.

1. Brodde

Brodde Member

I just flashed my xbox with 2.4 extreme (I have a hitachi dvd) and I have been playing C&C Tiberium Wars backup on Live today and didn't get banned.
    So Im wondering if MS only bans those with Crackdown /Halo3 beta or do they ban everyone?
    Also today was the first time I played on Live with my modded 360, and maybe therefore MS have not registered my xbox as hacked yet?

So anyone else that did not get a ban and have Hitachi with 2.4 extreme?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Read through the original posts. No need for another one. Some people are getting banned, others are not. Right now it looks random but i can assure you that it is not. And everyone's time will come so play on XBL at your own risk.

3. addflash

addflash Member

i played gears backup today with moded firmware,still they didnt banned me yet.Hitchi drive xterme 2-4 firmware.But now i reset my 360 in original state.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  4. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Yea, everyone's gonna get banned...so dont get ur hopes high.

It's sad really....for Crackdown. It is a fantastic game but sadly, it will not remembered for it's excellent game play and design but will be remembered by the game who owned us all.

Ahh...

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Ironic title to the name Crackdown if you think about it. Maybe this was planned all along for an extra laugh on the modders by MS.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  6. prodigy42

prodigy42 Regular member

I believe it was

7. IOrificeI

IOrificeI Member

and

Ok dudes this is totally BS<>

I'm sure the ce4 is already working on another Xtreme release to try and counter what is happening right now<>
    He and others are probably figuring what is causing drives to be recognized as "modded"\\\

If i were you i wouldn't even play right now and if you do delete everything on your hdd portaining to crackdown or the halo 3 beta>>

You dont have to totally be like ok well everyone is gonna get banned so just screw it anyway<<<thats BS;;;;;

keep fighting for what you gave into when you decided to go ahead and mod your 360>>>>

\\wht r u [[[Chicken]]]//

also people posting if their getting banned should post the firmware they had on their drive at time of being banned and if they downloaded the halo 3 beta, and if they had the hacked firmware on their drive before the spring update or not.......

this will all help us figure out wht drives are being targeted and maybe soon create a solution to the problem

[one step at a time]
    [​IMG]

8. eb72826

eb72826 Member

haven't thought about that... you may very well be right.

9. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

I wish people would quit with this. It has nothing to do with crackdown or the halo 3 beta. I have played neither and I'm banned. Hell I didn't even go onto xbox live.

MS did something in the spring update that detects if your 360 is modded, then during the beta "they flipped the switch" that bans all of the 360s that were flagged.

I turned my 360 on yesterday with no game in it and I got the not connecting to live message.

That's my theory.

10. nycfusion

nycfusion Member

ms25
    5.3c firmware
    played fine 2day online
    did not get banned

11. KSD22

KSD22 Guest

People stop being cheap and just get a modchip this time around. There is no special stealthy firmware that will ever come out that MS can't detect. The best way is modchip and only play backups offline and turn the damn modchip off when playing on LIVE.

12. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

quit flaming for your modchip. if we wanted modchips we would have gotten them. your mod chip works for you, but my firmware works for me. i have an MS28 with x52b and no ban. spent the last three days online all day.

13. KSD22

KSD22 Guest

Not flaming I just don't understand why people would find it surprising that MS is banning mod firmwares. It was bound to happen.

14. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yes it was bound to happen, and i feel the same. but dont push your beloved modchip to everyone. they chose the firmware flash because it was easy. and a LOT less chance to brick your drive.

15. KSD22

KSD22 Guest

They chose it cause it was cheap. If your gonna pirate games I think a little investment is always good. For $40 you can have the best of both worlds. I just don't understand why no one saw this. Honestly how many LIVE games do we play a year, maybe 4-5 tops, so just buy those 405 games original and bootleg the rest of MS's vast collection.

16. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

ok now your talking about pirating, which is against the forum rules. so this should end. but, i flashed my drive to use my backups of games i own seeing as i dont make enough to money to buy new copies of games if they get scratched. and i did it because it was easy, not cheap.

17. KSD22

KSD22 Guest

So why would you need to use those backups online, you don't need to be a quantum physicist to know that using backups online is detectable. Thats just common sense. You your precious original games online and use the backups off line. And it's debatable which is easier hooking your ROM drive to your PC via Serial ATA and flashing through DOS or soldering 4-5 wires. To some soldering is easier. But which one is the safer root, obviously the one that can be shut off when online. Just my logic

18. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

ok im not going to argue with you. but i use mine online because whats the point in even taking your originals out of the case to use them if you have backups? thats why 95% of us flashed. and yet again your still flaming your modchip. one day you will have a problem with that modchip and your SOL then because you dont have your original firmware. if our drives died out, we have our originals and can easily replace our drives.

19. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You can easily replace it, but spoofing it won't help you not get banned.

20. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

hahah, ive been playin the halo 3 beta nonstop with a backup of crackdown and im using 5.2 firmware and i havent been banned but my friend gary had 5.3 firmware and half way throught he halo 3 beta download he was banned, i found it rather funny, he wasnt amused, his 360 is now on ebay and hes gettin a 5.2 modded one tomorrow