1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone tried the BenQ dvd-r's?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jokerboy, Jan 5, 2005.

1. jokerboy

jokerboy Guest

My local futureshop is having a sale of 200 BenQ dvd-r for 60$ Canadian(roughly 45 american). I was just wondering if this brand was an ok brand for ps2 backups. It seems like such a good deal and i need some more blank discs. Also anyone know some other good brands besides ritek?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

for that price, they can't be that good.

3. yellows

yellows Member

They are pretty decent. The regular price is $229 for 200. I bought 300 of these disc. Hoever, I have found that the DVD+R work better for the PS2 than the DVD-R. So go ahead and grab a pack of the DVD+r for PS2 Games. Don't let the price fool you, the regular price is quite high. $49.99 for 25 and $89.99 for 50. I got the 8X DVD+R for $9.99 for 25 and DVD-R 8X for 18.99 for 50. They were all out of the 100 and 200 packs. I will try and get some more though. The DVD+R also seem to work much better for games such as GTA: San Andreas.

4. jokerboy

jokerboy Guest

my ps2 is version 7, would it read dvd+r.

5. JONNY200

JONNY200 Member

yes your v7 should read +r's, mines is a v4 and it reads +r's, lol

6. jokerboy

jokerboy Guest

well i bought a 5 pack of these dvd-r to test them out and so far they are 2 for 2. I backedup Budokai 3 and GTA: SA without any problems. I was happy that the GTA worked which was a big plus since i lasted burned it on a memorex dvd-r and it had horrendus loud times and texture loading problems. The BenQ dvd had no trouble with this and are 1/4th the price. Leave your thoughts.

7. rageman

rageman Member

jokerboy: are they 8x?